The Good Regret

Lucy

I follow Natsu inside my office. I have no idea what's going to go down, and I hope it isn't anything bad. He seems quite nervous about something, but at the same, he looks determined.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask slowly, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

Natsu leans against my desk, and sighs. He doesn't talk for a minute, until he finally looks up at me.

"I want to be with you." He says.

"Natsu, you know that's impossible. Achnologia wants us apart. We shouldn't even be talking to each other right now." I said, turning around to leave.

But he grabs my hand and turns me back around. There's a tint in his eyes that he doesn't want me to leave. Natsu wants me to hear him out.

"Listen to me. I know we shouldn't care about how we feel. That we should care about the safety of others. But you have to understand that we're both hurting inside. It isn't selfish to care for yourself." He says in a gentle tone.

"I know that. But we can't risk it. No matter how much we want to be together, we just can't. Salvador and Nashi is what I'm most concerned about. They are our kids, and I don't want them to be in danger." I said, looking at him in sympathy.

"Don't you think I know that? Lucy, we're giving what Achnologia wants. He's winning. We're not. If we team up, we can take him down for once. I don't know about Zeref, but I have a strange feeling in my gut that my brother is going to attack us soon. We don't have much time." Natsu explains himself.

"So you want to put everyone in danger? Achnologia will find out about this, Natsu."

"Who cares? Let him know. And once he attacks, we'll be way ahead of him! We need to leave Miami, and move somewhere else where he can't locate us. Perhaps Washington. Lisanna has people over there that can help us. Remember, we both have allies with other cartels. Maybe Kagura can help us." Natsu says, and I sigh.

"I don't know. This just seems too risky. Can I think about it?" I question, and he grins.

"Yeah, think this through. Take your time, Luce. This decision will be our future."

He grabs my hand, and gently squeezes it. All I can think about is missing Natsu's lips brushing against mine, and without even realizing it, I lean in and smash mine against his. I've missed this, and it's going to be a good regret.

I caress his cheek, and his hands go behind my waist. My heart beats incredibly fast, and butterflies soon starts to materialize inside of my stomach. It's been a while since I've felt like this, and it feels great.

But a sudden thought comes rushing through my mind. During the kiss, I remember Achnologia's expression. He was smirking, and he was on top of me at a bed.

I felt gross after that happened. Totally disgusted. His facial expression made me felt fear in a long time. It was the same feeling when Jackal did that to me. I felt completely lost and broken, that I thought that I would fall and never get back up.

Tears begin to stream down my cheeks, and I instantly break the kiss, pushing Natsu gently so he can stay back. We are both breathless, but I look down, wiping away my tears.

"No, I'm sorry. This can't happen." I sniffle, my hands shaky.

"Lucy, are you okay? Your hands are trembling." He says, approaching me but I step back.

"Natsu, please. I don't want to go through that pain again. Achnologia did terrible things to me, and I'm not planning on reliving it because we're both longing for each other. Please, I don't want to argue with you."

"Lucy, I know you went through such a horrendous experience with him. I understand that you're afraid, but you have to comprehend that your emotions matter. I've been through torture with him as well!"

"I love you. I really do. But we can't be together! It's how things are, Natsu. Every night, I keep the urge to call you and say that I love you! Every time I sleep on my lonely bed, I keep wishing that you were there next to me, telling me that everything is going to be okay. But it's not going to be okay. Our lives are destined to be this way."

"If you're afraid of losing everyone and the twins, don't be! The twins will be under Mira's care with a lot of security! Everyone knows how to defend themselves, and after the death of Juvia and Larcade, it's a life lesson we've all learned. Trust me, we can make it work!"

"God dammit, Natsu! Can't you see!? I'm scared of losing you! There's this huge amount of fear that I have because of this stupid war. When everyone thought you were dead, when I thought you were dead, I completely lost it. Now that you're alive, now that Achnologia told us that if we did anything, he'll kill us all, I don't ever want to lose this opportunity of keeping you and everyone safe. No matter how much it hurts me inside, this is something that we need to do." I explain, sniffling and sobbing.

"You're...afraid of losing me? Lucy, I'm not going anywhere. I'm always going to be here with you. It's not going to be my time to leave anytime soon. Trust me."

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do–"

"You don't know that!"

"Lucy! I'm here right now! Nothing is going to happen to me! If God wanted me, He would have taken me years ago when I was in deep danger. But He didn't." Natsu says, and I somehow begin to be convinced by his words.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

The reassurance in his voice makes me believe in him, God, and Mavis. I've always been thinking of the worst. Maybe I should start thinking optimistically about things.

Killing Achnologia once and for all will be successful. It will happen eventually, and it will be with Natsu and the rest of our comrades.

"Then...let's do it." I whisper, and he wipes away my tears.

We're back together. The two lovers that went wrong...are officially mending again. Achnologia will get tortured for all of his crimes, and I cannot wait for it to come.

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 14:

He Knows

*

THIS IS A HUGE QUESTION!! I NEED EVERYONE TO ANSWER THIS!!

What kind of torture techniques would you guys like to see on Achnologia? Examples are stabbing, burning, slicing, cutting, etc.

Choose one please. ;) It doesn't have to be the ones that are in the examples. Be creative! Let your anger out. I already have a huge moment for him to come that's already planned out. I just need torture. God, that sounds horrible. Sorry, lmao!