Capo VS Capo

Natsu

"Daddy, what's going on? Is Mommy going to be okay?" Nashi asks as we enter the safe house.

"Yeah, she's going to be fine. Your mother is really strong. Don't worry about anything, okay? You two will be safe here." I said, smiling.

Salvador and Nashi sit down on the couch inside the safe house. Mira owns this place, which means only she can open the doors and lock them. But she installed a system that can make the technology recognize her closest friends or relatives.

"Why are we here, Dad?" Salvador asks.

"Yeah, I wanna go home." Nashi adds.

"Listen, there's so many terrible things happening out in the world. Your mother and I have some issues with other people and we have to deal with them ourselves. You two are the most important people we cherish mostly, that's why you guys are here. This is a safe house. It's for protection and security. Now, I'm going to be going everywhere around the house making calls and such. You two can explore but if there's anyone outside that you don't know, do not open the door and tell me. Got it?"

The two nod and I kiss both of their foreheads. They stand up and wander around, and I do the same, except I go to the kitchen area and grab the phone from the counter.

I dial in someone's number I never thought that I would have to dial, and that's Kagura. I need her to come over here to the safe house and watch the kids. Sure, she hates me but her hatred towards me has nothing to do with the safety of Salvador and Nashi.

"This is Kagura."

"Kagura, hey. It's Natsu speaking."

"Ugh, what is it? I really don't have all day. I'm sure you know that my business is going down and I still have to fix some issues in order to protect my daughter. So spill." She says, and I gulp.

"I need a favor from you. I know you don't like me because I've done some real shit back in the past with Lucy, but right now she's in danger. We're at war right now with Achnologia, Zeref, and...Sting."

"Wait, did you say Sting? Isn't he dead?"

"He fooled us all. Those three are working together and they're now killing us with their men at Lucy's headquarters. I need you to take care of Salvador and Nashi while I go help over there with Lucy and the rest of my friends."

"Natsu, you must be insane if you think I'm going to watch over some of your kids than to go and help Lucy. She's a good friend of mine, and I need to help her with the few people I have. I told her that I couldn't because of my business, but now I'm feeling determined. Ask someone else because I'm preparing my people to go and help her. Goodbye." She says, and hangs up.

Son of a bitch!

I dial in Lisanna's number, and wait for her to answer. She doesn't like doing violence, and I'm sure she would rather babysit kids than to be killing.

I just hope I make it there just in time to help Lucy.

Lucy

"Guh!"

Sting and I took it inside the house. He slapped me across the face, in which I stumble to the ground. We chose to not use weapons, but just our arms and legs instead. He swiftly moves his leg to kick me, but I roll out of the way.

I raise my foot up and kick his leg, making him fall backwards down on the ground on his back. I quickly sat up from the floor and mounted on top of him, throwing a few hard punches at his face.

My nails scratch his face, and he screams in pain. Anger consumes in him, and he grabs my wrists. He grips them really hard, and I try to yank away but to no avail!

"Let me go, you bastard!"

"Does it hurt? Oh, I bet it does!"

Sting rolls me over, and I fall down. He mounts on top of me, and rips apart my shirt. He suddenly licks his lips and since I've already gotten used to disgusting men like him, I don't freeze at all.

"Don't you fucking dare!" I yell out, slapping him across the face.

"Agh!"

"I've experienced way too much sexual assault, that I have already gotten used to men like you! I'm not the same old Lucy that you knew. I'm a fucking survivor and there's no way in Hell that I'm letting another person touch me that way without my consent ever again!" I said, standing up and kicking him in the face.

He spits out blood, and I realize that I'm letting out my anger on him. Everything I've experienced in the past with Zeref and Achnologia, I'm letting it out on him. They all deserve to go to Hell for doing such terrible things to one single woman who just wants to be happy with her family and friends.

It isn't fair at all.

I quickly go inside a room that's really nearby as he stays low for a while. There's a bat in here, so I grab it and leave out of the room.

"You killed Levy right in front of me and Gajeel. Gajeel loved her so much and they didn't get to see each other for so many years! You took away her future, and you're going to pay for that!"

I swing the bat across his face, and he hits his head against the floor. I kick the side of his stomach, and bring the bat down to what's in between his legs. He yells out in pain, and I break a sweat.

With my peripheral vision, I see a knife on the floor. Stumbling, I grab it with my shaky, prosthetic right hand and approach Sting feeling exhausted.

This war will never end until someone dies.

I didn't hesitate to stab him right at the chest area near his heart. He yelps in pain, and coughs, trying to pull out the knife. The grip against the knife loosens, he glances at me for the last time.

"I'll...see you in Hell." He says, closing his eyes right after.

Blood trickles down my lip, and I wipe it away. Tears slide down my cheeks, and my heart aches, yearning for someone's comfort.

"Mavis...please give me the strength to continue to live 'cause I'm so exhausted being alive." I said, sobbing.

"Lucy, baby...don't say that, please."

I gasp, continuing to sob. I turn around and wrap my arms around him, my heart aching and breaking into pieces. He hugs me back, feeling the warmth in his body colliding with mine.

"Natsu, I can't do this anymore. This is driving my crazy. I can't deal with anymore deaths. This lifestyle is p-prison to me." I said, hot tears touching down to his shirt.

"Shh, let it all out. I got you, okay? You're strong, and you held everything in for many years. We're almost through with everything. We will get our happy ending, Luce. Just hang on."

"F-For how long am I suppose to hang on, Natsu?! I want our happy ending now and this isn't fair that we have to be living like this. Everything is a curse!"

A sudden reassurance swims around me. Being around with Natsu and in his comfort, makes me suddenly have reassurance that we will have what we want. He's always making me feel better, and it always works.

But, soon that reassurance dies with anxiety and depression.

"I want to die." I say, and he hugs me tighter.

"You're worth living, honey."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 18:

A Curse that Never Fades Away