Chapter 21

I was putting a milkshake down in front of a customer when the door swung open, bringing in a familiar kind of noise. My heart stopped when I realised who it was that had come to visit. I swiftly moved away from the table, and did my best to rush to the back, but my passage was blocked by none other then the dynamic duo.

"Milady," Bee said, bowing in front of me. His hair hung loose, giving him a mischievous aura, and he wore clothes similar to the ones he'd worn for dinner.

"Catherine," Bobby added, taking his turn to bow. He was wearing a white suit with a bright pink bow-tie and matching pocket-square.

"Hi guys, I have to work."

"It's quite alright, dearest," Bee said, "Can we sit anywhere?"

"Yes, help yourselves," I said, before rushing off to the back. I shut the door behind me and rested, breathing in deeply.

"What's up?" Sam asked, jolting me out of my skin.

"Luke's rowdy friends just came in and I don't know how to deal with it."

"I can serve them if you'd like."

"Could you?"

"Of course," she replied, "How will I know it's them?"

"They're the freaks in the slacks and the suit. You'll see them."

She let out a laugh and went out to the floor, notepad in hand.

I snuck to the bar and took care of the dishes that needed washing, and then escaped to the back to focus on stock. When I came back out, Sam was standing at the bar, twirling a strand of hair between her fingers.

"There's three of them now," she replied, blushing. I stretched my neck to find them looking at us. They waved. Deo sat beside them and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ugh...Deo..."

"What's wrong with Deo? He's hot."

"Don't go there, Sam," I said, shaking my head, "He's a player."

"Oh...well, the guy in the suit seems quite gentlemanly."

"He's super jealous..."

"The artsy one?"

"Anger issues."

"What kind of friends does Luke have?!" she asked.

"Mo's nice..." I said, "He's really nice. But young-ish."

She pouted, "You got the only good one."

"There are plenty of good guys," I said, "Just not those." I glared at them and continued working. They stayed for my entire shift, ordering drink after drink after drink, until it was soon closing time. Deo kept blowing kisses our way, and I kept ignoring them, although Sam found it a little bit harder.

"I desperately need a date," she said, sitting down and counting the cash.

"A rebound date or a date date?"

"A date date," she said, "I'm done moping over that asshole."

"I'm so happy to hear you say that. So happy you're moving on."

Terry finally ushered the boys out of the bar as politely as he could and we all went home. They left a very generous three hundred dollar tip at the end, so at least it was worth something. Sam and I parted ways in the parking lot and I drove off to my apartment, excited to tell Matt the good news.

My phone buzzed repeatedly, and I could see from the corner of my eye that Luke was calling me. I waited until I had parked to call him back.

"Hi," I said.