Ticci Toby x Masky (potentional trigger- fluff)

A smile can tell you a lot about a person and more. The way their lips curve up and spread, small shy smiles twisting up the edges or wild wide and wacky grins that reveal the teeth and partially the gums and crinkle the cheeks and around the eyes. Fake smiles that only curve the lips up but never sparkle in their eyes. Sad smiles that let memories roll down their cheeks like raindrops on a window. It does so much more than expression. It can provide a sudden light to others days, a sparkle of hope, a dash of sincerity. A form of peace; that's what it did to him. He could never feel at ease, never in a tranquil state of ease of mind or where he felt safe. Then he saw it, a smile that gave him the most remarkable feeling he'd ever felt. It was something he didn't know how to describe a uncomprehendable amount of relief, peace and joy that washed over him and made him so at ease and safe.

He never felt safe.

So that smile meant a lot to him and he did a lot to get it. He worked hard. Harder than most would think. You'd think his life was easy. He was the carefree, happy and childish proxy who loved to irritate the others.

No.
He was paranoid, depressed and Naive. He was a scared child; preyed upon by the wolves of society and backstreet gangs. He had issues, night terrors- PTSD- potential insomnia, forming anxieties that caused him to chew away his own flesh at one point...but he wouldn't let anyone see, because if they saw how broken he was...they would be Afraid and abandon him. He couldn't let those close see, their own problems and opressive depression weighing on them. He wanted to be a light. He out others before him. He always did. He never wanted to be in this place. He wasn't....violent....at first. No matter how shitty his dad was. He was a skeptic and wanted to refuse to attack him but that was broken. He was a selfish selfless boy. His greatest pleasure was to make others happy a selfish desire that caused him to neglect his own needs. He couldn't handle the grey so he became the colour.
But everything comes with a cost. Being happy all the time takes work. Or drugs.
The needles strewn about the floor of the cabins basement cellar, all old one time uses from a growing heroin addiction.
Heroin..
Can cause a surge of a pleasuring feeling known as a rush, intensity depending on the amount of drug and how fast it reaches the Brain. Warm, dry mouth nausea may also occur just after. Slowed breathing, slowed heartrate. Cloudy mental functions. It's known, like alcohol to be a depressant- (slows down thinking not makes you depressed)

The white dust on floor isn't by mistake. Cocaine; users of this drug make feel awake, elaited, confident, on top of the world. Though it can make one overconfident and take severe risks. It raises body temperature makes the heart beat faster and reduce the feeling of hunger.

It's one way to keep up the act...
But it can all go sour. Like now.
He's laying face first in the stinking basement, passed out. Overdose....
No thoughts breath leaving him.
He's worked to hard to stay happy, lie to himself and the rest of the world. It's crashing into him in a sudden flash but that smile. That smile he loves, that makes him feel better than any drug remains in his mind as if flitters and his vision splotches behind his half lidded eyes. A door opens and at some point a gasp exclaimed above him before hands touched his arm and side. His mind blanked.

He was lucky to be alive.

The dark haired male sat by the bed and watch him, his sleeping figure hadn't moved in two days, he was still alive... Thankfully, if he hadn't have found him. He wouldn't. He let his fingers run through his hair. The boy stirred, and after a moment his eyes opened. He seemed surprised and tried to sit up but was instantly pushed back down by the other.
"Toby, relax. Just rest you need to..."
"T-Tim....I...why...." his voice cracked as he tried to make a coherent sentence.
"Shh. Toby...." He sighed trying to calm him. "Why....drugs? Why were you hiding them from us? Toby, please don't tell me you were planning on the overdose...."
His voice went a little hight at the end at his concern making him tear up. Toby looked at him, the expression on his lips make him feel an overwhelming sense of guilt. He wasn't smiling even in the slightest.
"i-i...no. I wasn't....I just wanted to make you....happy.....I know how hard...things get I just couldn't be happy on my own...and I wanted to make you guys happy...so I had to pretend to be happy and they....helped."
The dark haired male sighed, the mask which would have normally covered his face resting on his lap as he looked him in the eyes. "Toby...you don't need to pretend to be happy for me...or anyone else. We care about you.... This doesn't make me happy...seeing you like this..."
"I'll fix it....I'll fix it Tim. I-i'll get out of here and ill make everything back to nor-"
"NO. No fucking way. You're not touching those things again... I'm not going to let you fucking die."
"But..."
"No buts...don't you get it Toby. That's not happiness. You're just hurting yourself."
"It's not like I can feel it..." He sighed.
Tim looked at him with a pushed expression cupping his face in his hands, "Toby. You're important. I can't stand to see you hurt. Even if you can't feel it. It makes me sad. I don't want you in this state. I want you....."
His sentence ran off into nothing. His expression shifting into a sad teary eyed smile that made the smaller boys heart flutter.
"Do...you....But...I'm not....right...."
"You're perfect to me, stop fussing over everyone else....please, you don't need to force yourself to be anything. No matter what people want. Just because people like to think you some overly hyper, waffle addicted teen with attention issues doesn't mean you have to live up to their standards. You're not here to impress anyone....you ar-"
His voice was cut off by the other male who had started crying, Toby had been staring into his eyes through the words watching that sad smile shift into one of great compassion. A overwhelming feeling took control of him and he started crying before tackling him and kissing him hard on the lips, a sloppy tearful kiss build of pure joy. Overwhelming emotion and broken tension released into the frenzied kiss that was soon returned by the other male.
It might have looked sad and by the tears on his face people would ask if he was okay. But he was more than okay. He was in a breif moment of ecstacy. Then they broke away for air and he stared into his eyes panting and sniffing.
Tim stroked his fingers through his hair getting close to him he sat on the bed and pulled him into his chest to allow Toby to snuggle up to him. He kissed his forehead.
"I mean it Toby. Every word."