Chapter 2

The ninja arrived to the scene immediately not really knowing what to do. Ninjago City was in complete chaos. The ninja spotted Kai and Skylor and ran over to them. Right at that moment, they started asking questions.

"What the heck is happening?" Cole asked staring at the pink smoke.

"What is the pink smoke?" Jay asked, "And why does it smell better then Cole's cooking?"

"Hey!" Cole said nudging Jay with his shoulder.

"Why are those things?" Lloyd asked trying as much information as he can.

"One question at a time guys." Kai said loudly trying to quiet them, "The pink smoke turns people into vicious Nagas half snake and half human things. I have no idea why the pink smoke smells like strawberries."

"To tempt people?" Lloyd asked looking at Kai.

"Avoid the pink smoke." Kai said to Lloyd's question.

"It seems like the smoke is spreading to different places in Ninjago but it can be avoided." Zane replied scanning the area.

"So it isn't just Ninjago City?!" Jay said with a shocking, scared, and adorable, to Nya, face, "How? What? How did this happen?!"

All the ninja shrugged leaving the question unanswered. A plan was calculating in Cole's and Lloyd's head. Then the took thinkers snapped in the other ninja direction.

"Let's just the citizens out of the way!" Cole said thinking, "We don't want to fight more then we have to."

Lloyd was about to say the same thing then just nodded. The ninja hurried off to protect the citizens and get them to safe places where the smoke wouldn't reach. Kai felt sick when he looked at one of Nagas eat a human. The ninja stares at Kai.

"Get out of the smoke area, Kai!" Lloyd yelled looking at him.

"Oh!" Kai said dodging just in time and took a deep breath.

"I think we should of got gas masks!" Jay yelled hitting a Naga in the face, "Beat that, ugly!"

"There is too many of them!" Cole shouted to get everyone's attention.

"So we're giving up?" Jay said quietly but everyone still heard him.

"No!" Kai said punching Nagas, "We will come back but stronger! We just need a break! Not like we are going to leave it in this chaos forever!"

"Plus we have protected the citizens and we just need a better plan to what we our facing." Lloyd said doing spinjitzu.

So the ninja retreated as the citizens felt given up on. So the citizens thought of plans, thought where the evil came, and began even more chaos.

At the tea shop...

When the ninja crashed into the tea shop, barged in, and started to think of a plan. Kai just felt overly sick at what they saw. Zane was trying compute where the evil came but it barely made any sense. Jay was blabbering about how they had no chance to win. Cole and Lloyd were trying to think of an incredible plan.

Misako came into the room and asked, "So how was the mission?"

The all of the ninja groaned at the question and Jay mumbled, "Terrible."

"So how is Sensei?" Kai said changing the subject just trying to get some positive news.

"Okay." Misako said rubbing her forehead and picking up a glass of tea, "Still mediating."

Just like Lloyd, Sensei Wu had his ways of dealing with Garmadon's death. Sensei Wu mediates and then turns back into his wise self acting if it didn't even happen. The ninja hated when Sensei Wu did this because what is wrong about showing emotion? But no one knows Sensei Wu's strange ways.

"Does he even eat?" Jay asked looking Misako.

Misako shrugged and sipped her tea. Misako rubbed her eyes tiredly taking care of Sensei is hard work. It always fell to Misako, she was the caretaker in the ninja household. Nya could always fall on her for her girl problems then going to Kai. Kai who couldn't handle about talking about it but still got what Nya needed. It is nice to have a girl relationship, but Nya still like her gears and being independent.

"So your going to tell me about the mission? I can already tell it wasn't so good." Misako said sighing.

"Their was these vicious half snake and half human things were calling Nagas." Jay said looking at the table, "They came from pink, strawberry smelling smoke. Well, more like turning humans into Nagas. We don't know where the pink smoke came from, but we saved the citizens."

"They ate humans." Kai said shuddering at the memory, "I don't how I am going to get that out of my head."

Misako looked around the room and felt sad for the ninja. Kai looked haunted at the horrid Nagas he saw. Misako shuddered at the look Kai had. Haunted, hunger, anger? What was that emotion? Then the rest of the ninja looked sad of losing or giving up on the mission. Lloyd was thinking of a plan it seemed like.

"Guys!" Lloyd said putting a smile on his face, "We saved most of the people of Ninjago City! We can do this! Look we're all moping all about! Let's get to our chores and make some dinner but Zane will be cooking."

"But I cooked yesterday." Zane said looking at Lloyd.

"Just cook to celebrate how good job we did!" Lloyd said giving Zane a 'just do it' smile.

So the ninja cooled off and relaxed. Played some video games. Soon, it was 10:00 o'clock and the ninja went to bad. Kai and Lloyd were haunted by nightmares some from the past some were from today.

'Everything would be ok,' Kai told himself in his head.

But no one knew what would be waiting for them in the morning.