Chapter 4

The ninja could barely sleep from Kai's day and night hissing. Lloyd woke up when Kai stopped. Lloyd got up and out of bed. He wanted to check on Kai to see if he was ok or maybe he was human again.

When Lloyd came to the cage Kai was in a ball, sleeping. Lloyd sighed and brushed his hair back as it just fell back into his face. Kai shuffles at the sighing sound. Afraid to wake him up, Lloyd took a step back making a creak sound on the floor boards. Kai stretched and yawned.

Lloyd stared and groaned in his mind at the thought of Kai hissing again. Lloyd froze like a deer in the headlights. His breathing sounded so loud but the hissing never came, instead a groan.

"My head." Kai said groaning and touching his head, "What the heck did I do yesterday?"

Lloyd smiled at the human response then he was afraid that Kai would spot him. So Lloyd hid behind the wall and peaked over the corner to see Kai's reaction. Kai started rubbing his scales around his eyes. Lloyd could tell his strange face that he was wondering what he was touching.

Kai eyes were closed but his hand on his eyes now. Kai mumbled, "What is that? I need some lotion."

Kai opened his eyes with a bit of blurred vision, but when his eyes settled he yelled, "What the heck happened to my legs?!?!"

Lloyd jumped at his yelling as the rest of ninja were waken up at the noise. The rest of ninja saw Lloyd and came to him. Soon, they all stared at Kai's reaction and gave each other looks.

"It could be a trick." Cole mumbled remembering when Kai tried to eat him.

"It could be him." Jay replied looking at his best friend.

"It could be both." Lloyd said staring at Kai's direction as Cole and Jay gave him a look, "What?"

"Nothing." The best friends said in sync.

The ninja then turned back their attention to Kai. Kai was taking in his surroundings and then groaned. Zane and Misako were taking indeed much interest in Kai's actions. He moved his tail and then picked it up. Kai seemed to be thinking, remembering, and trying to know what to do.

"Do you think he is remembering? Since your saying he forgot what he did yesterday." Cole whispered to Lloyd.

"Maybe." Lloyd said distractedly, "You could ask him."

Jay peaked a bit farther as Cole pulled him back and whispered, "What are you doing?"

"Asking him." Jay said firmly and hit out of Cole's loose grasp.

Jay walked out our hiding spot and walked close to Kai. Kai instantly saw him coming and tried to hide his tail then he covered his face with his also scaly fingers. Jay gave a strange look at him and opened his mouth but nothing came out.

"So, Kai are you remembering what you did yesterday?" Jay asked looking at Kai's hand, "We already saw you Kai, no need to cover yourself."

"I know, but is it worth seeing a monster?" Kai said Jay could kinda see the depressed face under his hands, "Yeah, I do remember..."

Jay put his fingers threw the tiny wholes in bar caged. Jay was thinking about opening the cage but he didn't know if Kai would go back to his vicious self. Kai finally took his hands away from his face and looked at Jay with his snake eyes.

"Did Nya see me?" Kai said as fork tongue poked out and went back in.

Jay thought a bit then thought it was better to be honest and said, "Me and Nya were one of the first to see you."

"That'sss nice." Kai said and hissed a bit not looking at me.

Jay nodded and about to say something but realized Kai's attention to other things. Kai laughed a bit then said, "So your the only one brave enough to talk to me?"

Jay turned to look at the corner not seeing the ninja and turned to Kai looking at him. Jay was about to talk with a question but Kai was already prepared to answer it. Kai's snake eyes met Jay's human ones.

"I smell their scent." Kai said then looked to the side then back at Jay.

"So being a Naga has it's kick?" Jay said being more of a question as Kai kinda of a smile just turned into a straight line on his face.

"I would rather be back to my handsome self." Kai said as his normal smirk plastered his face.

Jay laughed enjoying Kai's ego joke and blurted, "Can't wait until you turn back and your ego will explode since we did complement you while you were in snake."

Kai smiled and said, "So you guys are complimenting me now? When did that happen?"

Soon, the ninja seem to join Kai in the conversation. The cage in between Kai and ninja was open and he slithered out. But no vicious hissing or trying to eat them was occurred. Lloyd cooked and the ninja talked and talked.

It was pretty funny watching Kai get used to his tail. But then there was a knock on the door. What was that?