Chapter 5

The ninja froze staring at the door. Kai slithered off his chair and looked to the other ninja. Cole finally stood up not taking his eyes off the door.

"Are you going to open it?" Jay said breaking the silence then turned his eyes to Kai, "Kai, I thinking you should hide."

Kai nodded as his snake tongue poked out and then went back in. He slithered away finding a hiding spot. Lloyd looked at Jay and said, "Aren't going to open the door?"

"Yeah, of course!" Jay said smiling, "Just wondering who it is!"

Jay marched confidently toward the door and swung it wide open. A man with a black beard and messy black hair stood there. The ninja got a better look at him as they noticed a bloody scare across his eye. His dried lips opened up ready to speak.

"Aren't ya going to talk?" The man said he had a strong voice which matched how he looked, tough.

"Hi." Jay said trying to seem tougher then the man before him, "There happy? Now what do you want?"

"Taking care of things since you ninja seemed to give up." The man said looking across Jay's shoulder, "Where is the red one?"

"What? We didn't give up! Their is just nothing to do about it! No leads or anything! We barely have any information!" Jay said then realized his question, "Why do you want him?"

"He is on the list." The man seemed to growl, "Haven't ya heard about the list. I told them ninja barely pay attention."

The ninja seemed offended as Lloyd stepped him and looked the man straight in the eye. Jay took a stepped back and Nya stood up from her seat. The man stand their not really caring just wanting to get something done.

"So who sent you?" Lloyd getting the man's attention, "And what do you want with Kai? And what is up with a list?"

"Skylor Chen." The man said seeming to get a bit impatient, "She organized the group not wanting evil to happen again. You probably wondering about that to. It is the NMS standing for No More Snakes. The group and especially Skylor had enough of them so we are here to kill them off. Since, Kai is second on the list, he turned, so we are here to kill him."

"What?" Jay blurted then turned tough, "Skylor did that? We sent him away since Lloyd here was too scared to kill him."

"What?" Lloyd said offended, "You were screaming like a girl."

"Whatever!" Jay said, "But not as loudly as Cole."

Cole rolled his eyes and said, "Lloyd you got the flip of the coin and you had to kill that snake freak! And you failed."

The man stared at us like we were weirdos and said, "Well, better go tell Skylor."

The man left kicking a stone. The man mumbled some curses and went on his way. Jay shut the door and looked at the ninja.

"We to get going on the missions now." Lloyd said firmly.

"What wasss that?" Kai hissed and looked at Lloyd.

Lloyd shuddered and looked at the other ninja for help. Then Jay opened his mouth and blurted, "A guy who wanted to kill you."

"Oh." Kai said biting his lip, thinking, "Makes sense."

Misako tapped on her chin and looked at the other ninja. All of them were thinking, where should they looked? What should they do? But no answers came to them. Kai got impatient.

"I'm going to go play video games." Kai said then slithered away but he was still thinking.

As Jay was about to join him Zane tapped on his shoulder. The other ninja looked at Zane but then turned their attention to Misako. She was staring into space then Misako crosses her arms and began to speak.

"Ninja, you all know we have been studying Kai." Misako said slowly tapping the table turning eyes at the ninja, "Kai is different from the other Nagas. I don't know since you guys say Kai didn't even touch the pink smoke. Now, this list and the guy explained very little, we barely know anything. Kai won't hurt us, I know that, but since we all know Kai is very overprotective. Kai is very overprotective of us know and anyone who harms us Kai will do something really harmful and maybe even kill the person who harms us. And who knows what will happen if one of us betrays him."

The ninja were shocked at what Misako said, even Jay couldn't find words. Some of ninja didn't even understand what she meant but all got Kai's overprotectiveness of them. Them Zane continued the speech about the information they found out.

"We want to experiment on normal Nagas and do some more serious experiments on Kai." Zane said thinking and it seemed he as interested as Misako about Kai, "But Of course it only if you guys and Kai approve."

The ninja looked at the each other. Lloyd stepped up and said, "We will decide, later. Anything else to show us?"

"We also have some technology." Zane said shrugging.

Lloyd nodded then said, "I think I know we are going for our mission, to Borg's Tower the dent of Ninjago's city."