Vaati x Reader - Whoops

(1413 words)

Ya boi forgot to update yesterday.... whoops.

So yes! This is a Vaati oneshot! I know it's hard to tell between the lack of Vaati oneshots and the incessant amount of Revali oneshots, but Vaati is my favorite Zelda character of all time. I love him so fucking much. It's just so hard for me to write his character. He's such an unfeeling person, that it's hard to put him into a fluffy oneshot. I will try so fucking hard, though. I just love my sweet wind boi so much. 💕💕

~~

You stared down quietly at your glass cup while swirling your drink around thoughtfully. The dim bar hid your profile better than your ripped-up cloak. Adjusting your hood, you downed the whole glass of alcohol. The men off-duty were laughing and talking as loudly as possible, but the drink gave you enough of a buzz to ignore them. They'd probably be dead soon, anyway.

You put the glass on the counter and pushed it towards the bartender. "Another." You mumbled.

The man behind the bar chuckled. "You really know how to hold your liquor, little lady!" He filled the glass and handed it to you. "Here ya go."

With a small chuckle of your own, you played with the drink again. Just then, the door slammed open, and a guard grabbed everyone's attention. "We found several bodies behind the inn across the street!" He yelled. The entire room got up and ran outside in a riot.

"Oh, that's just great..." You grumbled before completely downing your drink again. "I can't even enjoy a single night without getting busted..." Then, you stood up and began walking away.

The bartender stumbled over his words as his gaze went from the cup to you. "Uh... M-Miss? You need to pay for that!"

"Actually, I don't." You replied while turning around. You ripped off your hood and flashed him a sickening grin. "You were very kind to me this evening, so as payment, I'll let you live!" The man shook in terror as he recognized you, and you were more than pleased with his reaction.

You made your way across the street to watch the show begin, but to your disappointment, you couldn't see the bloody scene with all the people in the way. How annoying. At least you could still listen to the fear in their voices.

"Who would do this?"

"How disgusting!"

"That wretched demon!"

Finally, you got fed up with all the name-calling and began pushing your way through the crowd. "Geez! Would you all shut up? You're so damn loud!" You complained when you made it to the front of the crowd. That's when you were met with the guard from the bar. The ring-leader.

"And just who the hell are-... oh my Goddesses." He gasped and took a few steps back.

You gave the man your famous blood-curdling smile while sticking your hand out to him. "Hiya! I'm the disgustingly wretched demon who would do this. How ya doin'?"

There were gasps and murmurs, and some even ran for the hills. "How dare you!"

"Hey, it's not my fault. I walk down the street, and everyone screams. And the noise just," You giggled cynically. "gave me a headache." Suddenly, the man rushed at you with a sword. The next second, he was dead. "Alright, then. Who's next?"

"You!" A voice screamed. You turned to the crowd and your bitter eyes met with courageously blue ones.

You laughed and clapped your hands like a child. "Link! Glad you could make it! Sorry, we started the party without you, but that's what happens when you're late!"