Volga x Reader - Unlikely Knight

(2182 words)

WOW. This turned out to be a lot longer than I expected. Maybe that's why it took so long to write. I'm actually very happy with this one, especially since I didn't know very much about Volga before I started doing some research. He was actually pretty neutral and didn't bother anyone until fucking Cia showed up. And, as you read, you will see just how much I hate that lil bitch. I really did end up falling in love with our lovely knight, so thank you, sweet mewchus for requesting it!

Also, in Grammarly, it kept trying to correct 'Volga' to 'The Volga'. And as awesome as that sounds, that could also be very annoying to read. Still, I love ya, Grammarly.

~~

"-And I don't want to hear another excuse from either of you! Get the job done!" With that, Cia slammed the door to her chambers.

The empty hallway was silent for a few moments; Volga was the first to turn around and walk away. You huffed and crossed your arms. "Someone obviously hasn't heard the saying, 'if you want something done right, do it yourself'." Then you caught up with the Dragon Knight.

"It doesn't matter what you think. All that matters is that you do as she says." Volga replied with a stoic expression.

"Why, yes of course!" You exclaimed sarcastically. "We do all we can to please her majesty!" Then you glanced at Volga, hoping to see some kind of reaction from him. But, he, of course, is still unreadable.

You could never put your finger on it, but there was something very off about Volga, much like everyone else that worked for Cia. It was like they barely had a mind of their own, and it was almost too much for you to handle.

The only reason you were working for Cia was that you owed her a few favors. Otherwise, you'd be miles away from her and her creepy palace. And as soon as this war was over - whether Cia won or lost - you'd be gone. You promised to vanish as soon as it was all over. But for now, you were stuck; tied down to your "warm and sunny" partner, Volga

"Damn, what a headache. I think I need a drink after that hot mess. So, wanna go grab a few with me?" You asked. It was a long shot obviously, but you kind of needed a ride to the bar. The castle is pretty far from any form of civilization, and Volga's fiery teleportation power much quicker than walking.

He picked up his pace, trying to get rid of you. "No."

You were practically running beside him at this point. He was much taller than you. "But if I go without a chaperone, I'll end up drunk and Cia will be pissed!" You tried to reason. "We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

"I suppose that would be your problem, wouldn't it?"

"Ouch... That was harsh." You pouted, but still no real reaction. Instead, he. Was engulfed in red and orange flames. Once the fire dissipated, Volga was gone. "You could've at least dropped me off, you ass!"

You glared at where the Dragon Knight was once standing before sighing in defeat. "He's supposed to make sure I don't do anything stupid..." You grumbled. Then, you opened one of the large corridor windows and hopped out; making the silent hike to town alone.

~~

"Oh, dammit..." You grumbled as leaned against the wall of your base. You were holding your pounding head, remembering last night. Maybe you had one too many drinks last night. "It's way too early for this shit..."

Volga was standing near you, staring at the enemy forces plowing through your own army in the distance. He, of course, paid you no mind. You glared at him from the side, but still nothing. "You are just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?"