Chapter 1: Beginnings

Remember when we met, Jaemin?

"Wait... who did you say?"

"Woo Geurim!"

"Woo Geurim... Who's that?"

"Oh, c'mon, she's in our class. The shy and quiet girl that sits by the window."

"Oh her? No way!"

"Yes way! I just heard from my uncle that it was true. Geurim just got cast by people from SM Entertainment!"

The rumor had spread amongst the students of Incheon Haewoon Middle School. The rumor that Woo Geurim had been noticed and given the opportunity to be a trainee at the top class company, SM Entertainment.

What made this a big issue at the middle school was the duality of it all. Everyone, from students to teachers, who had known Woo Geurim, knew her as the introverted, quiet girl in the class. The very girl who would become a flustered mess when called on to answer a question in the middle of lesson. Also the same one who would much rather visit the library than to hang with friends.

Whenever people think of entertainers, they think of bright, extravagant people. Flashy, and that they know what they're doing whenever they perform. Confident and bold.

To define it as a person: Na Jaemin.

It had been only a few months prior that the currently 14 year old boy had been accepted into SM Entertainment. It had been a weird experience for him, as he had been cast randomly while he was doing volunteer work.

However, in comparison to Geurim, schoolmates knew about Jaemin's love of being on stage.

Jaemin had participated in every school show that would showcase his growing passion for performing. Nearly the whole school had known how much he strived to become an idol in his future. No doubt in anyone's mind that Jaemin would achieve that dream with how skilled and talented he already was right now. He had the charm and charisma. He was already an idol in the making.

Even if he hadn't been unexpectedly street casted, people would already assume he'd audition and make it in.

This was the complete opposite to Geurim, who had hidden her love for performing from her peers.

Geurim loved to dance.

What her schoolmates didn't know was that she enjoyed the joy and thrill of dancing, been doing so since she had been in diapers. Whenever the school bell rings to end the day, she usually rushes home so she can have as much time to practicing a dance she taught herself for that week. Geurim would fall so deeply into the choreography that she would sometimes not pay attention to her surroundings.

There was one day she was trying to learn a dance of Super Junior's and she didn't realize her parents had arrived home and were preparing food. It wasn't until she smelled the delicious food when she spotted her parents just casually chatting in the kitchen, finishing up the cooking. Seeing her parents suddenly there nearly made her trip over her own feet.

But it was only her family that knew about this great passion. Her parents could clearly see how much she admired and loved it all. If Geurim wasn't dancing a cover to a current song (or working on her school assignments), she would spend hours watching dance practice videos and music show performances of plenty of dance oriented artists.