Chapter 5: Rosy

We spent so much of our days together.

We had quite the friendship, don't you think?

All of a sudden, Woo Geurim was put on some high pedestal.

Word was quick in SM. Before the young girl knew it, everyone under the roof knew she was one of the girls considered to be the last member of Red Velvet. Weeks passed with a weirdness to it. Geurim knew people stole glances at her, whispering to each other as to why she was chosen within the lineup.

Fortunately, she had so many supportive friends who cheered her on.

"I can't believe my best friend got chosen to debut!"

It was a weekend, and so Jaemin requested they meet up with their friends to a karaoke. It was one of the rare times where they didn't have much for their training. It was better to spend these times as precious as possible. More so that Geurim could lose a lot of that free time for preparations of a debut.

"Shush it you. It hasn't happened yet!" Geurim shouted back.

The two were currently at the Woo residence. Her parents were at work, but they didn't mind Jaemin coming into the house. They could see how nice and respectful he was after the times he had walked Geurim to and from SM and their school. It didn't take long for the adults to take a liking to the smiley boy, entrusting him with their daughter.

Although, they did warn the boy to never be in Geurim's bedroom alone with her.

Lead to why Jaemin stood just outside her bedroom door while she was finishing up for their outing. The two 00liners have been yelling through the walls to talk for the past twenty minutes.

Geurim sat down in front of her big body mirror. In her hands, she had a bag that had makeup her mom and aunts have bought her recently. She hadn't tried them yet, as she didn't find reason to. However, Geurim figured it won't hurt to put on something for tonight.

Her mother told her that she looked really pretty with her straight black hair down, so her hair was done as such with a small clip helped keep the loose strands from her face. Geurim decided to add a little bit of powder and rosy lipgloss; the first and easy steps in beginning a makeup routine her mother also said. With such small changes, the girl already saw a difference in her appearance.

A good one, she assumed.

Once satisfied with how she looked in the mirror, she finally headed out of the bedroom. Unexpectedly, Jaemin had nearly tumbled in, as he had been laying against her door. Geurim had to stop herself from laughing over the scared look that crossed his face.

"Geurim-ah—" He stopped when he saw her.

His sudden silence made Geurim self-conscious over her appearance. Right, this was the most she had ever done for her looks. It must be a culture shock for Jaemin. Her fingers reached her glossed lips. "It's too much, isn't it?"

"N-No, it isn't..." He dismissively waved his hands at her. "You look fine. We should go. Jeno just messaged me that they were almost there!"

Geurim pouted, "Seriously, already? Herin told me that her, Hina, and Lami were on the way. Let's go!"

The young kids hurried out of the house and jogged over to the closest bus stop. Once grabbing a ride, they sat comfortably in their seats, as they rode to the karaoke place. Geurim had her gaze out the window, watching buildings and cars zoom by.