Chapter 3: Uncover

I don't know what I was so shy for.

But I'm glad you saw me. And my capability.

It was so close to graduation for the middle schoolers. And since the students were close to finishing up their finals and last assignments, it gave the students some free time. Some have participated more with their clubs, some chatted with friends, some had gone to the library to get some reading done, others have played outside in the athletic field.

As for Geurim and Jaemin?

It gave them days in which they can leave to SM earlier for practice.

As Geurim was a new trainee, she had a small evaluation to do so the teachers at SM can know what to work on for her. This was something all trainees had to do. With only a limited list of unknown songs to choose from, she had to teach herself mostly on her own for a full month. It was kind of a very overwhelming task to do, but Geurim (and Jaemin) had to really put it into her brain that it won't lead to failure. The evaluation was meant to make her better for the future, not to kick her out of the company.

Either way, Geurim was working hard to perfect her performance with just a few days left to spare.

However, Geurim had to admit that she felt a bit shy whenever she had to share a practice room with some other trainees. Around the same time the introductory evaluation was explained to her, the instructors had told her how she wasn't going to participate in scheduled group practices for the time being. It was understandable, since she was someone that joined the company at a random time.

She knew she shouldn't be greedy or anything, but it did intimidate her. Everyone has more experience on what to expect more than she did, and she was a little embarrassed to show off her dancing skill.

Don't get her wrong. She really liked all the trainees she had been able to meet. They welcomed her and treated her well, even as a newbie. After that first day of being a trainee, and meeting Jaemin's friends, she'd be lying that acquainting herself with Jeno, Donghyuck, and Jisung weren't beneficial. Meeting those three lead her to meet even more trainees much around her age, and they were all just as friendly. They showered her with a lot of advice and tips that will make her life as a trainee just a bit less hard. It made her wish she could already be put into the lessons and practices with her newfound friends. She hadn't had a schedule with Jaemin yet too.

Luckily for her, their early releases from school gave Geurim access to a practice room for at least an hour until it has to be used.

Today, she had been at it for a good 35 minutes now. There were a couple moves in the song she had yet to get right, so that was her priority for the day.

Her singing was decent enough, she got the choreo for the chorus and the beginning of the song down... but that dance break. Ugh. That was the part she could create her own choreography.

And now that she rose up to that challenge, she wants to perfect it. However, it was proving itself to be harder than she thought. She was the best at following dance moves, rather than creating it.

"Again," she murmured to herself. After redoing the ponytail of her messy hair, she went over to the music player and began playing her chosen song from the very beginning. Her limbs worked automatically, with every heavy beat of the song, she moved.