Chapter 12: Everyday I Need You

Then you became dependent on me too. And... I was always weak to your words.

"I look... very pitiful right now, don't I?"

Geurim was in the middle of folding a blanket that had been used. She set down the neatly folded cloth on the couch before standing alongside the bed that Jaemin laid in.

They were currently in the hospital.

As he was now on hiatus, Jaemin had moved back to his home in their neighborhood so his parents could take care of him. The day before today, for some reason, Jaemin's back was bursting with pain. He had woke up in agony. In a rush, his parents taken him to the hospital.

When Geurim had heard about the incident from her mother, she hurried out to visit him in a frenzy and stricken with worry. She had to thank herself for her own personal hiatus. It was beneficial, since she could go see her best friend whenever she needed to.

Once the dilemma had been evaded (with the power of medication and being tended by doctors), Geurim had stayed at the hospital to keep him company while his parents could go to their jobs. And since Jaemin had to stay overnight, just in case, Geurim had to return the next day since she wasn't a family member. It was only half an hour ago when she had met with Jaemin's mother again, who had stayed through the night for her son, and promised she would take care of him.

"Maybe just a little bit," Geurim teased as she sat down in the chair by his bed. "But that's nothing new." The girl giggled as her remark earned a pout from him. Once she got over her silly joke, she turned serious, her gaze narrowing. "Anyway, are you feeling better? Is your back okay now?"

Jaemin nodded. "Yeah, it's fine. Don't worry your pretty little head. The doctor said I was fine, but they want to do some physical therapy before I leave. And I really can't start that until Jiwoo-noona comes."

"Is she coming soon?"

"Yeah, and she's bringing the boys too," he beamed. "They got free time so we can all hang out before they go do other stuff. You know how busy Mark-hyung and Donghyuck can be since they're about to make a comeback with 127 in January. So this is a miracle."

Geurim grinned weakly at this. His frustrations about having to stop performing still lingered, and it did make Jaemin miss the boys more. These were the people Jaemin have worked days and nights with through training and to their debut. To have a team to rely and get support from was always nice, despite seeing them less. The girl could feel the excitement radiating off him from wanting to see their friends.

She was excited too. She hadn't been able to see them either for so long... was it a month now?

"Geurim-ah." His voice gained her attention, her eyes meeting his. "There's something in your mind, isn't there? Let's talk for real. What happened between you and Gowon?" The brunette girl definitely wasn't expecting that question to leave his lips. She nervously looked away. "Don't try to make up some story too... She messaged me a while ago."

Geurim's eyes widened at the info. "She did? What did she tell you?"

"Not much, to be honest. It was a couple weeks ago, and she was asking me if I had talked to you recently. When I told her I did, she didn't say much after that. She said okay with a smiley face... which was already weird because she doesn't do emojis when she messages people, you know," Jaemin told Geurim. "That was when I noticed that you haven't talked about her in a while. You're always praising her or talking about something you two did before. Either it be the dessert place you two went to, or a dance you two learned together, or whatever. She's your best friend too besides me... Was it... that one day we hung out when something happened?"