Chapter 14: Egoist

It was then... everything shifted.

It was now 2017.

Woo Geurim have been neither bad or good for the new year.

As like everyone else does, she made herself a New Year's resolution and it was to finally figure out what she wants to do once and for all.

She stopped her small hiatus, and tried to get back into training at SM. After much thought about the possible future, she figured she should go back to see how she will manage it all. Geurim wanted to see if she still had what it takes.

It was definitely weird getting back into practices at the company. Returning back felt foreign, just like how she first entered into SM Entertainment. In the small sliver of time she took a break, it felt like more trainees have popped up; just more people in general bustling around. And all of them, were all so determined and passionate, whether they be trainees or the company employees. It reminded her greatly of what she used to be. It both rejuvenated her and crushed her heart that she allowed herself to fall out of love of performing so easily.

One plus to her return, Geurim did get to see her usual friends, and got to train and play with them just like they used to. Her good ole friends, Koeun, Hina, Herin, Lami... they had rushed to her and embraced her the moment she appeared with so much concern and love, despite the amount of times they have seen each other at school. Of course it was different. Training together was what bonded them, and to have Geurim back was like putting the missing piece back to the puzzle.

Geurim had felt deep inside, even through the days she was in a blank state, she really didn't give up on all of this, no matter how many days she had felt unmotivated and sluggish. And after weeks of not dancing, it flared up her soul. The way her mind calculated the learned dance moves and have it compute and incorporate into her own body parts and have it work; she missed that satisfying feeling. And to be with others, work together, and have it all fall in place. She loved that, she missed that. Geurim even had to admit she missed the singing she had been assigned to, and be able to sing and harmonize with her teammates.

However, something still struck her as... off.

Like there was that small splinter in the finger that isn't quite too painful but is, undoubtedly, uncomfortable. There wasn't any other way Geurim could describe it. She was at a limbo.

She wasn't sure why she felt that.

Okay, no.

She knew why.

It just hasn't clicked, like it did within the first year she was at SM when she was so full of vigor.

Just that aha moment, where Geurim felt content and thrilled to be where she was, like she knew where she was going. That initial drive and passion was there, but yet it didn't feel like it belonged within SM Entertainment.

At least, not anymore.

. . .

As the year inched through January, there was a special evaluation that happens at Tangerine Entertainment. The evaluation in the upcoming month, is one that all the trainees put in their 110% in. It was major, the hit or miss on whether or not the trainees are prepared for debut. It was also the evaluation that would ultimately decide if the trainee would stay in the company.

Sure, the company was still relatively new, and doesn't have a lot of trainees to let go of just yet. However, that doesn't let up anyone's worries about the important event. No one could let their guard down for one second for this evaluation. After all, everyone in the company had seen what had happened when one was given a high enough score by the judges.