Chapter 8: Let You In

To be able to experience a lot of things with you, Jaemin, it all became very precious to me.

You... were—are very precious to me.

"Rimy! You totally killed it in the latest episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!" Park Gowon proclaimed once she had finding Geurim within the great sea of people swimming in this slender hallway. "It's so surreal seeing a friend of mine on television!"

With the iconic yellow uniforms and having stepped into the very school, Woo Geurim didn't want to believe it she has been attending the School of Performing Arts in Seoul for a couple months now.

When Namseok told her that she had the opportunity to attend SOPA or Hanlim upon graduating from middle school, Geurim thought she misheard him.

Going to the famous School of Performing Arts Seoul, it had been wishful thinking since Geurim was younger. Even though her parents had told her that she would help in any way to get her into the high school before, she dismissed it. She never thought it would be possible.

For it to come true, to attend her dream high school, it was nothing she could have ever imagined.

And since her days at SOPA were with Jaemin, Jeno, Donghyuck, and Hina; things finally felt... right.

Geurim felt like she was stumbling through junior high, without much direction. And since she was introverted, she couldn't talk to anyone out of nerves, even if it were a question for class. She was quiet and afraid, she felt safe and comfortable by herself. But she always felt out of place. It felt that everyone had made it their mission to exclude her in things.

Maybe, she did that to herself.

Since meeting Jaemin and becoming a trainee at SM, all of that changed. She finally had a confidence in herself. She wanted to strive towards her goal of being an idol. She wanted to stand on stage with her friends. She was walking alongside her friends for this same goal.

Little by little, it did feel like she was getting to that point. She could almost taste her debut.

Geurim felt like she could be more open about herself now that she was attending SOPA. This was a place where everyone shared the same kind of dream, so it was natural to connect to people.

One in particular, Park Gowon.

She had met the half-American, half-Korean girl only her first day of school. They both wanted to scurry away and check out the practice rooms the building provided before classes started. It startled both the girls to see there was one other person that had the same idea. It was an instant click when they found out that they both specialized in dance.

Gowon was the first person that saw her as someone of a higher class.

Everyone in SOPA seemed to know who were the ones that were trainees or artists of the big companies, and more so one of the big 3 companies. It was so incredibly daunting for people to marvel at her as she walked through the hallways. It wasn't as bad compared to her junior high days when her classmates wanted to put her on a pedestal.

It took a couple weeks for the effects to wear off, since it wasn't rare for SM trainees to be at SOPA. It was only earlier in the year when Jaehyun-oppa had graduated from SOPA; and Mark and Koeun was just a year ahead of the 00-liners.