Chapter 7: Stylish

I had some thoughts... during that time.

"Do you know, Geurim-ah, people think you and Donghyuck are totally cute together?" The young girl peered up at her stylist through the mirror, who was currently fixing her hair. She could hear her friends ooh in interest. "And I agree. You and Donghyuck have such great chemistry."

And she couldn't help it, Geurim made a face. She knew what her stylist was talking about and gosh, what a weird thought.

It hadn't been long ago when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse became a thing, and all the trainees who were born 1999 and younger would be the stars of it. It was an unexpected thing. Geurim especially didn't feel like it all processed yet. It was just months before when she missed her chance to be in a girl group, but Lee Sooman wanted the younger trainees to show off their talents and skills.

But this was the first time Geurim would be doing a recorded show, no less in front of a studio audience. The nervousness ate her up inside at the thought of screwing up over simple mistakes. Poor Geurim actually threw up just before the first episode's recording, despite practicing and preparing hardcore for the show.

Donghyuck just happened to be there when she did. He had seen her run off to the bathrooms, and seeing her frantic actions, he followed after to comfort her. And being the good friend he was, he made sure to put a smile on her face before they went to the stage. The audience saw how much the boy was interacting with her during the recording. They probably didn't know it was meant to calm her nerves.

The very first episode just aired on television too, and well, this happened to be one of the results for it.

"Like, as a couple?" Geurim asked, her nose scrunched with uncertainty.

"Omo, Geurim-ah, it's just the beginning," her stylist continued with a small laugh over her obvious feelings over it. "It's harmless right now. But as time passes and the more episodes you kids do, it'll change or whatever."

"It is weird though," Herin chimed from behind Geurim, who has just finished prepping up for today's show. "We're all such good friends. It's like saying we can't be friends with any of them."

"We've all seen some comments. People seem to ship me with Mark, so odd," Koeun giggled from the seat left of her. "Doesn't it mean we have good chemistry with the boys, then? People just do that, you know?"

The rest of the girls chimed in, all in agreement of how this wasn't anything they can control. It wasn't harmful to them in any way, so Geurim guessed that she can just deal with it just like her friends do. She wondered if the boys have talked about the same thing, chatting about who they were shipped with.

Has Jaemin thought about it?

When all the girls were done and prepped for today's recording, they all filed out of the dressing room altogether. Just outside, they were instantly met with the boys, who all seemed to be much more animated than usual. As usual, Jaemin went over to stand alongside Geurim, all of them walking over to the studio where they film Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

It was then, out of no where, Donghyuck appeared by Geurim's side and gave her a nudge on the shoulder.

"Hey Green, we seem to be a hit together!" The tan-skinned boy beamed, an oddly determined look on his face. "That would be such an advantage for us, wouldn't it?"