Chapter 15: D-1

It felt right... to make my own decision.

Just to think, this was what I want.

"Are you nervous, Rimy?"

"I am... but I feel pretty good about this."

The day had come for the girls. Geurim stood alongside the Tangerine Entertainment gals backstage of the company's private auditorium. The five of them were clad in their matching black outfits, glitzed up for their upcoming performance with Woohee's produced song. Of course everyone was nervous, but Geurim would feel strikingly guilty if she messes up and ruins her friends' chance at debut. And more so because she wasn't sure how everyone would react to her being a replacement.

It definitely was a lot to take in.

However in the past week, the Tangerine girls have been so cooperative and amazing to her. With the hours they practiced on their performance, they truly made her feel like she was at home. Each girl have been deeply interested in her, asking about all random things, like other favorite hobbies, favorite groups, and many others of such.

Chaeyoung had been so welcoming from the get go since she was from the same school. She had truly lead Geurim through the song when she had difficulty singing some parts. There were even those days when Chaeyoung went out of her way to meet up with Geurim during breaks at school, so she could teach her the song properly. A diamond in the rough. It was only within that week Geurim found out how popular Chaeyoung was at school and amongst the people at Tangerine. Chaeyoung was just that kind of person Geurim couldn't even believe exist in real life. Pretty, lovely, and friendly to all.

And just as Geurim expected from when she first heard her voice, she had a very pretty voice when she sang, one who can easily reach the high notes. And not to forget, Chaeyoung is also an actress, and Geurim had to contain her excitement when she found out she had appeared in a drama she enjoyed before. She couldn't believe she could be friends with someone like her.

Jinyoung embodies a motherly vibe. Even when Geurim barely knew her, the second oldest girl cared for her like she was her own child. She made sure Geurim was hydrated and that she was well fed enough to carry on. There was a warmth to her, and definitely someone that the girls could rely on. Gowon had told her before about how while there were days her parents couldn't pick her up from the company to bring home, Jinyoung was there to look after her and bring her home herself, despite the bus ride over was strenuous. Jinyoung had a heart of gold, Gowon had said. While Geurim only knew her a few days, she could clearly see that.

Geurim wasn't sure how she felt about Woohee from the beginning since of her abrupt and blunt personality. However, she learned that the oldest one of the bunch was the most passionate. Woohee has trained the longest. She had bounced from two companies before she reached Tangerine Entertainment, which was brand new when she was first discovered. Whenever other trainees looked upon Woohee, they all saw her as the well-rounded, talented trainee who was meant to debut soon. Her dancing was sharp, her rapping had good flow, and she produces songs that could be future hits. Geurim could definitely see the great potential and talent that the older girl possesses, and she could only wish to be like her.

Geurim never thought she would form such a close bond to the rest of Gowon's teammates, but she found herself admiring them with fondness. She was happy she accepted the request to help them with the group evaluation. Working alongside them made her want to help the girls more with their debut.

"This is it, ladies," Jinyoung chimed up when the prior act had finished their performance. With the clap of her hands, she gained everyone's attention. "I know we're all nervous and anxious right now, but we need to remember how fantastic we have practiced for this. If we do what we have done every day up until this point, then we are good as gold! We are a solid group that could do anything when we are together, and more so with reliable Woo Geurim on our team. We're going to be spectacular."