Chapter Four ~ A Fateful Encounter And Some Questionable Help.

Book cover kindly made by neoskizzle from Quotev.com.

~~~~~~~

A dark blue tinted sky with stars that shown silver rays of light and the sound of a disguised powerful engine humming like a lullaby. Lucas felt slightly tired as Jennifer drove in silence, the road sign read A1. Trees were aligned alongside the roadway, Lucas looked over at Jennifer's profile as lights from other cars and road lights danced across her face.

"How long have you been driving?" Lucas asked concerned.

"Not long enough for you to worry about it." She replied.

Jennifer's expression showed warmth and amusement and Lucas couldn't help but think she looked beautiful.

"I have some case files in the boot. I think if we figured out the connection between this case and the men after us it might help with our next step." She said.

Loud police alarms blared past them on the opposite side.

"What makes you think they are connected?" Lucas asked.

Familiar famous building came into view as Jennifer thought about her answer to Lucas's question.

"Because this whole thing started after I was assigned to the case. There must be a link.." She replied in thought.

Lucas thoughts turned inwards as Big Ben came into view, is the person who is being suspected too dangerous? Or is this related to something else entirely? As Jennifer stopped the car, Lucas felt lost.

"Where are we going?" He asked looking around.

Jennifer's car move into a multi-storey car park, driving into the front entrance, she paid the machine and drove in. She parked the car near the top and turned towards lucas in the seat.

"We're finding a hotel." Jennifer stated.

Lucas grinned.

Jennifer looked confused and then laughed out loud.

"Yeah we're getting two rooms." Jennifer said amused.

Lucas pouted with an unhappy expression.

"But it would be cheaper with one room." He said while outstretching his arms to Jennifer as she laughed.

"Why would I need to be concerned with money when I have you? A billionaire?" She said evading Lucas's wondering arms.

"Oh I see, your using me for my money." Lucas said teasingly.

"Yes!" Jennifer said teasingly back.

After the two of them laughed, the look turned into something sizzling as Lucas ran his hands down Jennifer's arms, he patted his hands on her shoulders and let go with a cheeky grin. Jennifer smiled shyly and left the car as fast as she could.

~~~~~~

The streets were packed full with people walking around going about their daily lives. In one corner a young busker performing 'Strangers' by Sigrid was skillfully playing the acoustic guitar like a separate limb. In another corner people were passing religious flyers to unresponsive quick, busy people about Buddhism. The people take the flyers as though their hands had been possessed by a spirit.

A blond head appeared in the crowed which sent a shock through Jennifer's system. The blond turned around and Jennifer's heart pounded but it wasn't who she thought it was, not that she would be glad to see him. Suddenly Lucas took Jennifer's hand and pulled her to a hotel called The Gatekeeper completely snapping her out of her reverie. The name was like something out of a game which caused her a dreadful feeling.