Chapter Eight ~ The Name And The Unexpected Secret.

Jennifer was still pissed off with Lucas. That much he could see very clearly, although Jack did not behave as if there was anything wrong. However occasionally he would wink at Lucas as if to make the situation worse for him. He will admit that he did majorly slip up but what could he do? He's a man and she's a woman and there they were in front of a very inviting bed especially since Jennifer had just slept inside it. Very inviting indeed. 

Jennifer hadn't spoken or looked at him since this morning. It's been a few days since he put his hands on her. He scratched his head thinking about his undeniable attraction with Jennifer, just what was it that drew him in? He wasn't the only one falling victim to it. Jennifer was falling in just as much as he was, you couldn't mistake that reaction. He shifted around on his seat uncomfortable again. Thinking about the fireworks with Jennifer was making him desperate to get out of reality and her into a bed, preferably his this time.

Since it was unlikely they would get an answer from the crime investigation team anytime soon. Jack had volunteered his vacant rooms in the meantime. When the lust had faded from his consciousness, he noticed that Lewis was nowhere to be seen. He thought back on his behaviour.

"I guess if a guy were pursuing me so bluntly I would be upset too." Lucas mumbled out loud.

"Unless he actually likes it and doesn't want to believe it." Jennifer said from behind him

Lucas jumped as Jennifer sat down next to him.

"You think he's-More importantly, your talking to me now?" Lucas replied energetically.

Jennifer looked at him and her cheeks blushed a bit. Lucas thought that must be a good sign at least.

"I was into it just as much as you so I would be a hypocrite if I kept blaming what happened between us on you." Jennifer grumbled cutely.

Lucas smiled and was extremely happy that Jennifer wasn't deigning it. Lucas decided to stop getting in the way, all this romance or sexual tension wasn't helping her or the situation in the least. Although it would be hard for him to stop touching her, he felt that getting through this ordeal first must be priority over his selfish desires.

Lewis finally appeared after being absent for most of the morning, he seemed to be completely fine now. Much better than yesterday, in fact he was radiating. He walked over and sat down next to him and as he sat down Lucas's eyes popped out in shock. Two unmistakable marks were present on Lewis's neck. A Hickey! Lucas thought as the marks become much more clearer, he couldn't believe it, Jennifer was right.

Lucas started talking to Jennifer after realising he had been staring for too long. The phone started to ring out of nowhere and Lucas sees Jack running down the stars, he picks up the phone and after a while he looks at us. After answering something with a swift yes, Jack said goodbye and put the phone back down. Jack smiles at the group with a deep sense of satisfaction.

"They got the results back super early!" Jack says excitedly.

It was early Lucas thought although they had been there for a few days already.

"What do you mean Jack?" Jennifer replied confused.

Jack smiled.

"One of my mates got the results to me much faster than I thought." He said and walked over. He sat down on the sofa opposite us.

"They found a man matching the fingerprints on the match box. His name is Max Bennet and he has been in prison several times before for arson and terrorism. They have a address." Jack finished on a more serious note.

He looked sternly at Jennifer and then at Lucas and stopped at Lewis.

"Your going aren't you?" He asked with a sigh.