Chapter Seven - An Old Friend And A Possible Breakthrough.

"Well I think we are done for now." Jennifer said.

Lucas, Lewis, Kim, Chris and Beth were sitting on the garden bench outside Beth's home.

"Thank you for your time." Lucas cut in as they all stood up ready to leave.

Beth smiled and said.

"I'm glad this is going to be sorted ou-" Beth stopped mid sentence as a loud crash broke through the silent early afternoon.

Everyone turned towards the house. Beth fell forward and managed to wobbly grasp the chair she'd just been sitting in.

"Ohh...." cried Beth as Chris held Kim protectively.

Lucas and Lewis sprang to action pushing everyone away from the burning house as embers flew past them and the sudden heat become overwhelming. Once they were a safe distance away. Jennifer called the fire brigade. They watched the fire consuming the house and each time a window shattered, Beth jumped as if something shattered inside of her as well. Kim cuddled her mother as they both cried watching their home and everything they had left. Burn up in flames.

Ten minutes later the firefighters came and eventually controlled the raging fire, several hours later the fire had subsided and black smoke was all they could see.

A firefighter investigator asked them questions along with the police, by this point Beth, Kim and Chris were taken to be questioned separately. Jennifer didn't notice at first however one of the policeman looked at her as If he knew her. Lucas watched the young man, he had red ginger hair and bright green eyes. Lucas got Jennifer's attention and when she eventually looked round to see what the fuss was about she gasped in delight. A smile spread across her face and Lucas suddenly didn't like the guy.

"Jack!" Jennifer shouted as Jack walked up to them.

A smile was on his face and when they met up they gave each other a loving tight hug. Jennifers back was to him when Lucas looked away and frowned. As he looked back Jack winked at him. Lewis chuckled next to him as Lucas realised that maybe he didn't need to be worried.

"It's so good to see you again Jack. How have you been?" Jennifer asked Jack.

"I've been super well darling. I have missed you lots. Who are these gorgeous fine hunks?" Jacked drawled in a camp Irish twang as he gazed at Lucas and Lewis.

Jack pinched Lewis's ass and surprising both Jennifer and Lucas, Lewis actually blushed red.

"Can you tell us what you find out Jack? I think this is definitely related to what we are looking into." Jennifer asked Jack.

They watched a policeman walk towards them.

"Sure thing darling. You know I will. I have to be a bit careful cause I've been getting into trouble for flirting too much." He whispered.

Jennifer laughed and light heartedly slapped Jacks left arm.

Other people will probably think she's flirting.

"You never change Jack Gold." She said in a warm tone.

"Jennifer Hills?" The policeman asked.

The policeman had dark hair, he nodded at Jack.

"Yes?" She replied.

The policeman looked at her and then his notes.

"I see your in charge of this investigation. My name is James Heart, I would like us to help each other out, so I will tell you what I know. This is Blake Jason, the firefighter investigator." Another man showed up at that moment in time wearing protective faded yellow overalls which had dark stains on.