The Initiation

"Welcome to the weekly A-Force meeting!" stated Captain Marvel (who I now knew as Carol Danvers), "We have a new member. His name is Phil Coulson. Jane's fake brother". Everyone welcomed me. The ceremony itself was amazing. The table was laid out with a bright blue cloth. There were spreads of crisps and assorted meats and dips such as humous. I looked over and Red She-Hulk (Betty Ross) had an entire leg of lamb in her hand whilst She-Hulk (Jennifer Walters) stared at her, disapprovingly.

Angela had her sword resting against her leg. What was strange about it though was the fact that the blade was touching her leg, yet it didn't cut. She must have saw me looking because then she said, "Hel's Bane; the sword of the Gods". I nodded, pretending to know what that is. Then I asked, "Why doesn't it cut your leg?".
"Because it's mine. Hel's Bane will never harm its owner,". I found this very interesting indeed. I then turned away and inspected everyone else. Jane was playing with Mjolnir (I found out earlier that day that she was Thor), Medusa was brushing her hair (all 50 tons of it) and Newscaster Supreme was writing on her notepad.

"Well Phil, now that you've met everyone, I think it's time for your initiation," claimed Carol. I asked her what she meant. "The initiation consists of three trials. Speed, strength and intelligence. If you pass, then you're in,". And the moment she said that, three huge pillars with trials next to them appeared from the ground...