Chapter 5: Two of Hearts 💕

Crystal and Bryson slowly let go of each other. "So... maybe we should get back to lunch. My friends are probably wondering what's taking me so long haha" Crystal said.

"Yeah... I don't wanna hold ya up" Bryson said.

"Ok well... I'll talk to you later"

"Yeah sure"

Crystal turned to walk away but before she could get any further Bryson called her name.

"Crystal..."

Crystal turn towards him. "Uh huh?"

"Well... I was wondering if I could...uh..." Bryson looked down "get your number"

Crystal just looked at him surprised.

"To talk about school...and life" He said quickly. "That's if you don't mind"

"It's ok you can have my number" Crystal nod and ripped a piece of paper out of her notebook and pulled out a pen. She wrote her number down and handed it to him.

Bryson smiled big and gushed out a thank you. "Thank you... Thank you so much Crystal" he put the paper in  in a small compartment at the front of his bookbag.

She giggled "you're welcome"

"She doesn't know how much this means to me" he thought "I can't wait to call her"

"Well... I guess I'll be hearing from you a lot more then" she said staring into his eyes still smiling.

"Yeah..."

She turned and walked away to meet her friends at lunch.

Bryson just stood there watching her. "I can't believe she gave me her number. I feel so good right now" he thought.

Bryson finally met up with his friends at the cafeteria. He walked to the table where they were sitting at with a big smile on his face.

"Bout time you made it! What took you so long?" Tyler said.

"You smiling big bro! What's been going on?" Chris said.

" You would not believe me if I told you this but..." Bryson said.

"What is it? Tyler looked attentively.

"Crystal gave me her number"

"Holy shit sorry Lord I mean the fuck? " Tyler looked surprised and excited for his friend. "Can you repeat that?"

"I asked Crystal for her number and she gave it to me"

"Bro you for real?" Chris said.

Bryson nod his head.

"Let us see the proof"

Bryson pulled out the little slip & showed it to them. Then he put it back in his bookbag.

"Oh my God! Bry you're a legend! A fuckin legend man!" Tyler said.

"You did it Bry!" Chris and Tyler high fived him.

"So you gonna call her today?" Tyler asked.

"I want to call her today but I don't know man I'm kinda nervous"

"Don't do this man. Don't give up"

"Yeah go for it Bry" Chris said as he put a French fry in his mouth.

"I'm not gon give up. I just might need some time."

"Need some time? I think you should call her today" Chris said.