Chapter 12: Don't Dream It's Over

"Ok class I am passing out this rubric for your Art project. You are going to be working on an art piece.  For this art piece, I want you to think of what makes you happy, what inspires you. I want you to think deeply about this because it's going to be worth 30 percent of your grade. After you are done creating this piece, I want you to get into pairs and critique each others artwork.   You have a month to do this. So I'm expecting a grade of full satisfaction on this art project" Mr. Vick explained. 

"Ok guys you are free to continue on with your sketching assignment but don't get too loud in here." Mr. Vick allowed them to talk to their peers while working on their class assignment for today. 

 "I am so not good at drawing but this is better than writing a paper" Meghan said. 

Crystal sighed, "Good thing we have a month to do it because I have no idea what I'm going to draw".

"You're pretty good at this so I don't think you'll have any problems. Me on the other hand.... let's just say I better not wait til the last minute" Meghan chuckled. 

"Oh I'm sure you'll do fine

"Oh I'm sure you'll do fine."

"So are you coming to cheerleading practice today?"

"Yeah of course I'll be there. I can't wait." 

"Coach Brandy is starting us off kinda easy this week so you might wanna make sure you make it to as many practices as you can because the closer it gets to homecoming the tougher it'll get."

"Yeah I'm sorry I wasn't there yesterday. I just haven't been feeling school lately."

"What's going on?"

"Well after Anthony broke up with me at the party. My so called friends dropped me like a hot potato"

"I'm sorry to hear that. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'll be fine. At least I won't have to worry about peer pressure anymore."

Meghan "Wow you are so strong. I thought you would still be feeling hurt after what you been through"