Chapter 8: Peer Pressure

Today is Tuesday, the day after the cheer-leading tryouts

Today is Tuesday, the day after the cheer-leading tryouts. Crystal tried to call Anthony a couple of times over the weekend but he wouldn't pick up his phone. He ignored her during school and didn't even bother to wait for her to take her home after the tryouts. Crystal had to catch  a ride with her friend Candace.

"What's going on with you and Anthony?" Candace asked curiously.

"Looks like he's been avoiding you lately" Fatima noticed.

"Yeah ever since our date last Thursday" Crystal sighed and shook her head.

"You must've did something wrong for him to avoid you" Fatima peering at her.

"Yeah what happened Crystal?" Candace furrowing her brows, curious.

Crystal felt attacked by their accusations. "Please don't jump to conclusions. You both would've known had you answered your phones when I tried to call you."

"Well excuse me I was grounded" Candace said.

"And I was busy" Fatima said with an evil grin. "Busy screwing your boyfriend" she thought.

Crystal thought about how she lied to them about losing her virginity to Anthony. She couldn't tell them that she lied. It would make her look ridiculous. So she decided to keep it vague. "Well we had an argument"

"An argument about what?" Candace probing her for details.

"I-I got jealous.... over him with some girl" Crystal said looking down with her arms folded across her chest.

"That's cliche" Fatima chuckled. 

"Whoa Anthony's seeing another girl?" Candace said. "That's weird" shaking her head.

Crystal shook her head. "Now he's mad at me for having trust issues. I don't what to do." This statement wasn't entirely false. Crystal did have trust issues when it came to Anthony. He is one of the most hottest guys in school and any girl would want to have him. 

"Damn Crystal if you are really that worried about him being with some girl maybe there's something you need to be doing to keep him happy so he won't be looking for another girl" Fatima explained.

"Really Fatima. You're gonna take his side." Crystal couldn't believe what Fatima was saying. 

"I'm not taking his side, I'm just being honest. There's a crowd of girls waiting for him to break up with you. You got to be on your A game at all times or else he'll slip away from you" Fatima said.

Crystal eyes landed on the floor again.

"That's right" Candace agreed.

"Candace! Crystal! They got the list of  this years cheer-leading  team posted on the wall beside the gym!" a girl called out. 

"Let's go see the list! I know we made it!" Candace said. "They can't say no to us we run this school!"

Crystal crossed her fingers praying that her name was on the list as they walk to the gym. "Maybe this will brighten up my day" she thought.