Chapter 14

Crystal was sitting down on her bed polishing her toe nails listening to Aretha Franklin's Until You Come Back to Me.

"I'm gonna walk by myself
Just to prove that my love is true (ooh)
All for you, baby
'Til you come back to me that's what I'm gonna do"

"I'm gonna walk by myselfJust to prove that my love is true (ooh)All for you, baby'Til you come back to me that's what I'm gonna do"

Her mom knocked on the door. "Sweetie the phone is for you. It's Meghan" her mom walked in and handed her the phone.

"Oh" she turned the music down. "Hey Meg!"

"Hey what you doing?"

"Just pampering myself. What you up to?"

"Nothing. I did a little pampering too. I just got my hair done. I can't wait for the party! I'm ecstatic! This party is definitely something that I need. I've had a hell of a week at home"

"Oh my! What happened?"

"Well my stepdad lost his job recently and he's been taking his frustrations out on us. And my mom is under a lot of pressure because of it and she hasn't been the nicest person to me and my sisters. I'm just so tired of all the nagging and yelling. There's no peace at home. It's annoying" Meghan sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"Well I hope things get better for you and your family. "

"Thanks I need all the hope I can get."

"Um.... anyway I'm happy about the party but.... I'm not in the mood for meeting a guy there." 

"Crystal... trust me you have nothing to be worried about. Just let loose and have a good time and you'll meet your dream guy."

Crystal shook her head, "I doubt it. I'm not expecting anything more than just dancing and having a good time at this party."

"Ok you say that now but when you get there & see how hot those guys are, it's going to be a different story."

"Uh... I don't know Meg" Crystal sighed. "I don't think I would want to date right now especially after what happened with Anthony" she shook her head.