Chapter 7: Cheer Blues

Crystal was getting ready for her date with Anthony

Crystal was getting ready for her date with Anthony. They had talked on the phone and decided to have dinner and a movie at his place. It's Thursday night, his parents were away from home for their anniversary and was not going to be back until Sunday.

Crystal was excited to be spending time with her boyfriend. This was her chance to make up for the times she's been distant.

Crystal struggled trying to find something to wear.
Her mother, Linda walked in the house. "Crystal I'm home!" her mother yelled.

"Hey Mom!" Crystal yelled back from her room

"Hey Mom!" Crystal yelled back from her room. "How was work?"

"It was tough today. One of the patients developed a bed sore due to someone else's slackness" Linda yarned.

"Oh gee! That's terrible!"

"Yeah I brought us some Chinese food."

"Sounds good Mom but me and Anthony are hanging out tonight." Crystal walked into the kitchen.

"Oh... what you two got planned?" Linda asked.

"Dinner and a movie"

"Oh that sounds romantic. I hope you have a great time."

"Are you sure? You don't mind me going out? I mean it is a school night"

"No I trust you. You been a good girl so far. Just... don't mess it up. You know what time you should be home."

"10:00"

"Yep not 10:15, not 10:30"

"Ok I get it momma"

"Alright now sweetheart, you go have yourself a good time" Linda gave her a smooch on the cheek and pat her on the back. "Leftovers will be in the fridge if you want some later."

"Thanks mom" Crystal walked back into her room and continued getting ready.
____________________________________

"Aww Anthony this is so sweet of you! This beef ragu pasta is so good!"

"Yeah I'm glad you like it"

"You really cooked this for me?" Crystal said.

"Uh yeah sure" Anthony said nervously. He lied to Crystal. The beef ragu pasta was actually his mom's leftovers from yesterday.