Chapter Nine

First off, really sorry this is late! I just have a lot of homework and things I have to take care of. #sorrynotsorry.

Anyway, I'd advise you to read the last chapter again so you know whats happening.

Enjoy!

Kiss, Kiss,

~Hallows

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I sat at the Gryffindor table, calmly waiting for the assembly to start, out of nowhere Hermione was just beating Ron up with her book.

“Will- you- stop- eating! Your best friend is missing!” She said in between hits. 

“Oi! Calm down- turn around you lunatic,” he replied with a mouthful of jelly, looking annoyed. Hermione, Ginny and I all turned our heads to see Harry walking down the hall with Loony returning to her table. When Harry sat down I noticed that he was holding up a cloth to his nose that was covered in blood.

“Where have you been? Look at your face,” Hermione whispered furiously.

“Later,” Harry said, taking a sip of his pumpkin juice. “What’d I miss?” He asked, avoiding eye contact with me suddenly. I have a feeling Draco did something. Ron and Harry were conversing when Dumbledore walked up to the podium.

“Very best evening to you all,” Dumbledore started.

“Thanks,” I heard Harry say behind me, but I didn’t bother to see what’s happened. The whole hall went quiet and all eyes went on Dumbledore.

“First off, let me introduce our newest member of our staff, Professor Horace Slughorn,” Dumbledore continued. Slughorn got up from his seat and waved to us, followed by some applause. “Now Professor Slughorn will resume his old post, as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defence against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape.” Dumbledore paused. A lot of the crowd couldn’t believe it. The only ones who were clapping were the Slytherins. I clapped too, actually smiling a little. When I stopped clapping, I looked at Ron, who was staring at me with his eyebrow raised. I frowned at him and returned my gaze to Dumbledore. Ron is such a prick, honestly.

“As you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why." He said slowly. Suddenly he turned to sotry mode. "Once there was a young man who, like you, sat in this very hall, walked in these castles corridors, slept under its roof, he seemed to be, to the entire world, a student like any other. His name?” Dumbledore paused, his eyes twinkling. “Tom Riddle,” He said after a short pause. Everyone in the hall started gasping and whispering amongst each other. I shrugged microscopically and blinked a couple times.

“Today of course, he’s known all around the world by another name. Which is why, I am standing here before you, with a sobering fact; every day, every hour, this very minute perhaps. Dark forces attempt to penetrate these walls. But in the end, their greatest weapon is you. There’s something to think about! Now off to bed, pip-pip!” He called.

 ‘Dark forces’ my ass.

“That was cheerful,” Ron muttered, getting up from the table. Everyone copied his actions and went off to their dormitories. I headed up there alone. Hermione, Ron and Harry were behind me so it didn’t really make a difference. I moved to the side to let them tell the Fat Lady the password.

“Dilligrout,” Hermione said and the portrait swung open. I need to remember that. I said good night to Harry, Ron and Hermione and went upstairs to the dormitory. I took a shower, put on my pyjamas and went to sleep.

*

I had a free period. So did Harry and Ron. Great. Luckily McGonagall caught us walking around and told us to stop interuppting classes. When we reached the courtyard I stopped when I saw Draco walking around shadily with a green apple in his hands.

“Hey I got to go…” I trailed off and walked after Draco. I felt their stares at the back of my head, but I heard no footsteps behind me. When I turned the corner I saw Draco in front a blank wall, the same wall where the Room of Requirement was.

“Draco!” I hissed walking up to him. He jumped and looked at me startled. “What are you doing?” I added, crossing my arms.

“The Vanishing Cabinet! That’s what I'm supposed to do!” He snapped, returning his gaze to the wall. I rolled my eyes and tapped my foot, waiting for the door to appear.

“Can you stop tapping your foot? It’s distracting,” He said, not looking away from the wall. I stopped after another few taps and sighed. 

After about 30 seconds of waiting a door finally appeared. 

“About time,” I muttered under my breath, going in after him. I closed the door behind me and looked around; this place is packed.

“What is this place?” I asked tredding after him.

“Room of Requirement,” He replied, throwing the apple in the air and catching it on repeat.

“Oh okay, it was different before I came in here.” I said, looking around. “Remember that? Remember the time where we got busted for that little group and when you came to retrieve us, you coward back because I was there? Oh the memories.” I rambled. Rambling is my speciality now. We reached the cabinet that was hiding under a blanket. I opened it up, took the apple out of Draco’s hand and threw it in there. I closed it then stepped back so Draco can do his thing. He whispered something I could not understand- probably an enchantment. When I looked around I spotted a clock; 9:30am sharp. Oh crap! Quidditch try outs!

“Oh shit! Draco! I’ve got to go, see you!” I shouted and dashed out of there. I took a good 5 minutes to find my way out, but when I did, I bolted out of the castle and into the Quidditch pitch in no time. When I got there I found that everyone was messing around- everyone but Ron- and Harry was trying to get their attention.

“Hey! Quiet!” He stammered, not knowing what to do. I rolled my eyes and walked up to the front with Harry.

“How’s it going Harry, having fun?” I taunted smiling. He glanced at me then back at everyone else. I sighed. This boy...

“Shut up!” I screamed, looking at Harry’s stressed face. Everyone shut up and looked at the front.

“Thanks,” Harry muttered. I smiled and walked back to Ron, nudging his side with my elbow. I love taunting people.

“Alright um, now then just remember that if you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year, is that clear?” Harry said sternly, playing with his hands. No one said anything.

“Yep,” I chirped, grabbing a broomstick and the Beater’s stick. I waved it around, almost hitting Ron with it.

“Whoops! Sorry Weasley, my bad.” I said getting on my broom and flying up.

Well, let the games begin.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A bit short, sorry! Just in case you were wondering, Emma doesn't partically like Ron. She doesn't like a lot od people to be exact. Don't worry though! Everything happens for a reason. She will become friends with someone in the Weasley family and possibly a lover... Too much information! Bye!

Kiss, Kiss,

~Hallows