Chapter Eighteen

A/N sorry for late chapter but I changed the cover tell me if you like this one or the previous one? ily

I dissaperated into Dumbledore's office, which was now Snape's, I could tell by the decor. Anyone could tell, really. I saw Snape sitting in the head masters chair, looking at some papers.

"Snape? You're the headmaster?" I asked in my deep voice, not removing my mask.

"Yes." He replied curtly, not looking up.

"Alrighty then." I nodded and walked off, leaving his office. I turned the corner and met with two deatheaters beating some kids.

I quickly rushed up to them and pulled them back, pushing them away as I shielded the kids.

"What do you think you're doing?" One of them asked, frowning at me.

"Leave the kids alone." I snapped, pointing my wand at them. They growled at me and walked off. I looked at the two kids and nodded.

"Thanks!" The boy said, fixing his tie.

"No problem. Hey, would you know where I could find Neville Longbottom?" I asked, in my normal voice.

"Yeah, he's in the Room of Requirement." He answered and they skipped off.

I wandered around the school, trying to find the room of requirement. I thought hard about finding it, and it appeared right in front of me.

I love magic.

I slipped in and saw all these hammocks hanging from every edge in the room. It's almost as if everyone in sixth year slept here.

I found Longbottom and Ginny and all the others sitting on craters and rugged old cushions.

"Why do you want? I've already had a beating!" Neville sneered, revealing his bruised and cut face. I took the mask off, everyone immediately making revolting sounds.

"What happened to your face?" Seamus asked, staring at me. I remembered the charm and pointed my wand to my face, performing the counter curse.

After the painful wince i made, my face went back to normal. A lot of the kids were wary, but others seemed glad to see me.

"Emma! Where's Harry? Have you come to save us?" Neville jumped up, giving me a hug. I awkwardly returned it.

"Um, I'm not sure where Harry is." I answered truthfully.

"Well, is he okay?" He asked.

"I just said that I don't know." I repeated, raising my eyebrows at him.

There was an awkward pause.

"But um, anyways. The deatheaters were keeping me hostage at the Malfoy Manor these past months and Harry didn't show up once. My hunch is that he's on the hunt for the Horcruxes with Ron and Hermione - well, it's not hunch, I know that. But it's silly, because they have no idea where they are - when I do. Jesus, talk about selfish." I babbled on and on. "But anyways, what's up with you guys?"

"It's rubbish here. Snape's been recruiting deatheaters all over the place so we don't have any freedom, and they stuffed the lot of us in here for the rest of the year." Dean explained from his wooden box seat.

I nodded and shrugged. "Oh well, that's life. It's nothing compared to my life though. Try spend a few in Azkaban, see how you'd feel about this place then. This is heaven compared that place."

"Emma, you're getting off track." Ginny sighed.

"Sorry." I apologized and looked around. This place looks like absolute rubbish. But what caught my eye was the stocks of butter beer and sandwiches in the corner. "How'd you get all that? Don't think the deatheaters would pop down to the store just to get that."

Everyone looked over at it and smiled, looking at Neville.

"Do you see that painting?" He asked, pointing to the painting on the wall behind him. Usually there'd be a mirror and a fireplace there, but now it was replaced with a ladder leading to a landing, with the painting there. It almost looked like a door.

There was nothing in the portrait, only a pathway and rose arch.

"So what? Doesn't look very spectacular." I shrugged, frowning.

"It doesn't matter what the painting is, it matters what's behind it." He commented, sounding pleased with himself.

"Oh, what's behind it?" I asked, as I started to follow him up the ladder.

"Our freedom." He answered simply, and helped me up onto the rail-less landing.

"Oh." I said again. I watched as he knocked on the portrait frame and waited. After a few seconds of waiting I grew bored. "Nothings happen--"

"Look!" Neville interrupted, pointing to the painting. I looked back at the painting to see a beautiful young girl emerge from where the pathway ended.

"Who's this?" I asked, looking at her. She was beautiful. She had long blonde hair that was neatly made, light, glowing skin, brown eyes nd a blue dress on. She also had a brown leather book in her hands.

"This is Ariana Dumbledore," Neville introduced. "Dumbledore's sister."