xii.

the night before (a few hours after the casino heist)

"So, does anyone want to explain what happened?" The figure spoke in a husk whisper. A puff of smoke escaped his lips, his lit cigarette fiddling between his fingers. The men stood warily in front of their master as they kept their heads down to avoid eye contact.

"No one? I'm disappointed." Their leader scoffed as he flicked his cigarette to the ground. He paced forward in short strides, shoes clicking loudly with every step. "Well if you won't tell me what happened, then I'll just listen to this."

Reaching his desk, he grabbed the remote and turned on the television that hung high against the wall behind him. Displayed was one of Tokyo's favored news station that were currently investigating the latest casino mafia outbreak and a demolished building surrounded by smoke and ashes. Firemen and police surrounded the wreck, the news informing the civilians the current situation.

Shutting off the television, he returned his attention to his men who clearly looked alarmed. Their leader shook his head in disappointment, spinning his gun that rested on his desk as he spoke.

"You see, I'm a simple man. I like my work done quickly and quietly." He snickered, clicking his tongue in annoyance. "But it seems like these days have been disastrous."

"Mr. X, if I may," one man spoke up.

"Oh, we have a volunteer." Mr. X smiled wickedly. "The stage is yours,

Wonho."

"

"At the casino, I had one of our inside staff spike a drink and deliver it to a male who I believed was part of Jeon's team. Inside of the drink was a tracking device that was supposed to lead us to Jeongguk's headquarters, however Jackson intercepted." Wonho explained.

"Jackson Wang? He's back?" Mr. X questioned and his men nodded.

"He's working with Got7 again, sir. They were also at the casino, which lead to the ambush. I believe someone from our team is working against us and had informed Got7 of our plan. While we were evacuating you, Jeon's team were able to escape."