xiv.

'Mr. Jeon, we have a situation." Jimin tried not to let his voice crack as he fought the tears that threatened to stream down his face. Pushing past the crowds of people, he ran towards to the exit, only to come to halt at the voice that rang through his ear.

"As do I Jimin." The familiar voice sighed. "Hi son."

"D-dad?"

His father let out a breathless chuckle, "We need to talk. Asap."

"W-where's Mr. Jeon?" Jimin frowned. He knows his father, second in command of Jeongguk's father's team, would not be answering their boss's phone unless something terrible had happened.

"We were ambushed. I did the best I could."

"Dad is he—"

"Thankfully, no." Jimin heard his phone chime and looked down at the message, opening it and revealing an image of Jeongguk's father laying in the hospital bed. "It's pretty serious, but we've got the best staff working on him. He's in a private wing of the hospital guarded by security until he fully heals, but it was a close call."

"Shit, Jeongguk is going to flip."

"Good. We're going to need that motivation to take these men down. I need you and Jeongguk to report to our hideout, the one near Tokyo tower. We have reason to believe that Mr. X's team is holding your team captive somewhere nearby."

"How did you know about that?"

"I always have my eyes on you son." Jimin could hear a few ruckuses in the background of the call and shortly after his dad returned. "Look, I'll explain more later but I have to go. Just report here now and we can get started."

Within seconds, Jimin sent the image and information to Mark, knowing fully well that it would be the only thing to get Jeongguk back and focused. He just hopes Taehyung would be okay too.

Jeongguk's grip on Mark's phone tightened, knuckles turning white as he stared down at the image. His father laying in the hospital, almost every inch of him battered or bandaged.

"He's alive, but in critical condition," Mark's voice cut through his thoughts. "Jimin's waiting for you at the entrance. Do you want me to let Taehyung know—"

"Gukkie!" As if on cue, Taehyung ran over after wondering what was taking the other male so long. However, when Jeongguk turned around, Taehyung froze in his place just a few feet from the other. "Gukkie? What's wrong?"