Secrets

“Uh, hi.” Harry said looking at me funny. Cecilia subtly elbowed me in the side, probably telling me to snap out of it. I tucked my hair behind my ear and smiled at Harry, trying my hardest not to blush. Cecilia looked appeased.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the boys whip out a mirror and start fixing his hair. I turned and openly stared at him. He must have seen me in his little mirror because he shoved it back into his pocket and sauntered over. 

“Hey.” He rasped. “I’m Zayn.”

Cecilia giggled. I changed my disbelieving stare to her. Was she flirting?! Harry cleared his throat and mumbled something to Zayn, who took a step away from us. I think Harry might have said ‘fangirl.’ I glowered at him, but when those green eyes turned to me I (of course) started blushing. 

Another boy walked over. I recognized him as Liam. I gave a little sigh of relief. This was the guy to talk to. ‘Daddy Direction.’

Liam grinned at me. “Yup. That’s what they say.”

Dang! I said that out loud! And the blush went up a few notches. Cecilia covered for me, quickly stepping in front of me. 

“So...um....guys.... what are you doing here?!” She demanded. 

Liam looked taken aback. I guess he was expecting gushing or something. I grinned. Cecilia was just awesome. I felt the blush retreating and so I confidently stepped out from behind Cecilia again.

“Yeah.” I chimed. “You can’t stay here you know.”

“Why ever not?” said an Irish voice, and a blonde boy came bounding up. This had to be Niall. To my terror, he didn’t stop a couple feet away like the rest of them had, he kept barreling towards us and enveloped me, then Cecilia, in a lung crushing hug. 

“Do you mind?” Cecilia snapped, pulling away. I sucked in a breath, I expected Niall to be hurt by her rudeness. 

But he just grinned, and pulled out a carrot. “Sorry. I just like to hug.” He then bit the tip off of the carrot, chewing loudly. 

Cecilia wrinkled her nose and turned back to Liam. She was just about to talk when the fifth and final member of One Direction came running from behind a speaker. 

“NO! MY CARROT!” He shrieked, tackling a laughing Niall to the ground. This had to be Louis then. 

“Hey!” Cecilia yelled. “Zip it!”

All five boys turned to us, surprised. 

Cecilia continued. “We have had a really long day. We graduated. And it is now late and we would like to get to sleep! So what are you guys going to do? Are you going to leave or do you want to stay here until morning? Just until morning, though, no guarantees on tomorrow. Yes, I know who you are, but I’m not really a fan. No offense. So I don’t really care what you do, as long as you are out of here by the time the rest of the school wakes up. That’s over 300 girls, mind.” 

Liam cleared his throat, suddenly in charge. “Ok. We’re sorry to bother you but we can’t leave. I’m sure we could sneak out but we have no idea where our hotel is. So, can we please stay the night? I promise that I will call our managers and have us out of here before everyone wakes up.”

Cecilia glared at the four other boys. “Only if they behave.” 

Louis perked up. “I’ll be really really really really really good!” 

Cecilia huffed then turned on her heel. “Follow me then.” 

I grinned. She was probably screaming her head off on the inside, not because the boys were famous, just because they were hot. But she loved being in charge, and I knew she was playing the ‘we don’t care about you’ card on my behalf. So far, I hadn’t had to speak directly to Harry at all.