Shopping and Snowballs

Three weeks later, it started snowing. Harry was much better by now, back to his old cheeky self. I hadn’t realized how quickly the time had gone by. There was only a month until Christmas!

Every morning I would work on my online courses, and then around lunch when Cecilia finished her classes, Harry and I would drive to the uni and pick her up for Christmas shopping. 

We often took Louis along, and Eleanor or Danielle sometimes met us there. We all had to wear sunglasses, which I found a real pain. Most of the time people only saw us girls and didn’t spot Harry or Lou if he was there. We had been spotted by a couple of fans once, but we took pictures and then they left us alone.

I hadn’t bought very much yet, just some jewelry for Cecilia and a couple of books for Liam.

On the second Saturday of December Cecilia finished university for the year, so I took a break on my online work too. They boys were overjoyed that we were all free, and Louis decided that we were going on a group shopping spree. 

Paul drove us in the van, and told us he would be parked outside the main entrance to the mall if we got in trouble. The boys slid on sunglasses and I sighed. 

“That just makes you more conspicuous. Can we please go without?” I begged.

Liam smiled his big-brother smile. “Kay.”

I hadn’t expected him to give in that easily. I jumped up and dove into his arms. 

“Hey!” Harry pouted. I glowered at him playfully and gave Liam one last squeeze. Since things worked out between me and Harry I hadn’t talked to Liam like I used to.

“Let’s go!” Zayn whooped, jumping out of the van. We all piled out after him, my hand finding Harry’s.

“Stick together!” Paul called. “If fans recognize you run back here!”

I frowned. “Paul, we’re Christmas shopping. We can’t stick together! It’ll ruin the surprise!”

“We can go in pairs and swap around in an hour.” Cecilia suggested. Everyone agreed and claimed partners. I went with Zayn, Cecilia went with Liam, Louis went with Niall. That left Harry alone. I bit my lip. I wanted him to come with us but I had been planning on buying his present first. 

“Hazza, you’re with us!” Cecilia decided, after quickly chatting with Liam. Harry smiled and loped over to them.

“Bye Paul!” I called, and Zayn and I set off at a run towards the shops. 

An hour later, I had gotten presents for everyone except for Zayn. 

I had bought Niall a green jumper that said ‘I’m Irish’ as well as three new guitar picks, for Louis I had gotten various toys that were meant for four year olds, as well as a really cool pair of suspenders. In addition to the books I had already bought for Liam I found a poster stating ’30 Reasons to Love Liam Payne’. 

For Cecilia I already had jewelry, but I also bought her a really nice dress that she wanted. I hadn’t been able to afford it on my own, so Zayn chipped in. I had refused at first, but he informed me that ‘Resistance is futile.’ I gave in, seeing as he is her boyfriend and all. 

I bought Danielle and Eleanor both gift vouchers for Starbucks because, hey, who doesn’t love Starbucks? I had also bought Paul a gift voucher, but his was for iTunes.

I think the best present by far was Harry’s. For the first weekend after Christmas, I had rented out a tiny cottage in the country. I was a little nervous about spending a weekend alone with Harry, and what he would think my present symbolised, but I thought I was finally ready. I still had a couple weeks before that, anyways. I would think about it when the time came.