Christmas Eve

“Jenna!” A voice whispered in my ear.

I opened one eye to find Harry leaning over me. That in itself was surprising. Either I had slept in, or Harry had woken up really early. My eyes flicked to my alarm clock. 7 am. So Harry had woken up early. Today must be important then. 

I sat up, almost head-butting Harry. “Christmas Eve!”

He smiled. “Get dressed quick. Everyone’s coming over soon. I’ll wake up Lou and feed him.”

I rolled out of bed and Harry shut my door behind him. I pulled on dark green jeans and a red-and-white striped jumper. I slipped on some black ballet flats and quickly brushed my wavy hair. I ran out of my room with a huge grin on my face.

I found Louis and Harry in the kitchen. Harry was dressed in a white jumper and tan pants, but Louis was just wearing PJ pants. I shivered. Wasn’t he cold? 

They were both eating toast, and there was another slice for me. I sat down and took a bite. 

Louis looked at me groggily. “Why are you so happy?”

I stifled a laugh. He wasn’t a morning person either. “Because it’s Christmas Eve!”

“That explains the red and green.” He sighed, gesturing to my outfit.

I swallowed the last of my toast. “Ok, guys, get dressed!”

“Why?” Louis moaned.

“We...uh...have to do some last minute errands.” Harry lied.

“I don’t wanna.” Louis frowned.

“Eleanor will be there.” I smiled.

Louis perked up. “Okay!” He shoved the rest of his toast in his mouth and ran to get dressed. 

I laughed once he had left and took his chair next to Harry. We were discussing our plan for today when the elevator doors dinged open.

Cecilia walked in, and I grinned when I saw her outfit. She caught my eye and twirled. I laughed. She was wearing a red jumper and skinny jeans with Uggs. The front of her jumper read ‘Nice’ and the back had ‘Naughty’. 

She joined us at the bar when the elevator opened again. Liam, Niall and Zayn came out, and Zayn’s eyes flew to Cecilia’s jumper. She jumped up and ran to give him a hug. Liam came over and shoved something on my head. I looked at everyone else, they were all wearing Santa hats. 

“I have some for Louis, Paul, El and Dani.” Liam said. 

I smiled and flicked his pom pom. 

Louis came out of his room and I rolled my eyes. He was wearing green pants and a red-and-white striped shirt too. 

“Louis!” I cried. “You stole my look!”

He shrugged and came over to me. Harry grinned and pulled out his phone. 

“Smile!” He said.

“Wait!” Liam called. He ran over and put a Santa hat on Lou’s head. “Now you match.”

Harry laughed at us as we put our arms around each other. “Okay, now smile!”

“Cheese!” Louis shouted and I smiled.

I went over to Harry and looked at the photo. 

“Aww!” Niall cried from behind me. “You guys are so cute together!”

I turned around and swatted at him. 

“Hey!” He pouted. I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug.