Nite

Luckily I had parked my car on the street.

I tossed Harry the keys, and jumped in the passenger seat. He slid into the driver's seat and turned on the car.

"Nice car." He commented.

I laughed. "It's a rental."

He grinned. "Oh. So, where am I taking you?"

I gave him the address and then leaned my head against the seat. I closed my eyes. "Can you turn the radio on?"

I heard Harry chuckle, and then the car was filled with singing. I listened for a while, until I realized there was no music. I opened my eyes and stared at Harry.

He stopped singing and smiled, but his eyes never left the road. "My favourite station."

I giggled, and closed my eyes again.

I eventually felt the car slow and stop. I looked up at my building. I hadn't wanted that car ride to end.

I sighed, and unbuckled myself. I turned to thank Harry for driving me, but found that he wasn't in the driver's seat. Someone tapped on my window, making me jump. I turned to look at Harry's smiling face. He opened my door, and shut it behind me as I stepped out.

I smiled at him, I could see his green eyes even in the barely lit street.

Harry coughed nervously, deliberately not meeting my eyes.. "Um... Jenna, there's something I want to try... I mean I hope you don't take it the wrong way....but how you were acting tonight..."

"Harry." He turned to look at me, and I grabbed his face gently between my hands. I stood on my toes, and he leaned down. A small part of me was going What are you doing?! but it was overruled by the bigger part of me saying Finally. I actually felt sparks when his lips touched mine. His arms went around my waist, and I moved mine to around his neck. We stood like that for ages, kissing, when he finally pulled away, not moving anything but his head.

"You don't know how badly I wanted to do that." Harry said in a raspy voice. He slipped my keys into my back pocket, and pecked me quickly on the lips before releasing me, and turning to walk down the street.

I smiled to myself and started for my building's door when a thought occured to me.

"Harry!" I called out into the darkness. I saw him turn around. "Come back!" He jogged back over to me.

"What?" He said, looking worried.

"Are you going to walk home?" I asked.

"Um, yeah."

I frowned. "No you're not! It is almost two in the morning! Stay with me, I'll drive you home on my way to the rental car place."

He smiled. "Are you sure?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed his wrist. We got to the elevator and I pressed the button for my floor.

Am I sure? I asked myself. I mean we're not going to do anything.

The elevator stopped, and I motioned for Harry to follow me. I opened my apartment door and walked inside, turning on lights as I went. I gave Harry a quick tour, (there were only three rooms; bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen/living.)

I handed him the TV remote and told him to stay while I got ready for bed. I dug out my long PJ pants and sighed. It was going to be hot wearing these, but at least my dignity would be fine. I finished by brushing my teeth and went back out to the living room. Harry was watching reruns of Friends.

I perched on the arm of the couch. "You can have the bed, I'll take the couch."

He crinkled his nose. "Wouldn't you rather have the bed?"

I crossed my arms, standing up. "Harry, you already have to sleep in those clothes, you might as well take the bed."

He smiled mischievously. "Or we could both sleep in the bed."

I frowned. "Harry." 

He gave me a puppy dog face. "I promise I'll be good..." 

I groaned. “Liam will kill us!”

He smirked. “Liam doesn't have to know.”

I blushed, then turned and walked into my room. 

What was I doing? The kiss was bold enough. And now he was about to sleep in my bed! I bit my lip and started pacing. Just think of it as a friend sleeping over. Like Cecilia.  

But I didn't just kiss Cecilia.  

Harry walked in, smiling until he saw my face. “Jenna, I can just sleep on the couch...”

“No.” I sighed, crashing onto the bed. “Stay here. Just keep your hands to yourself.”

I felt the bed shake. 

“Okay.” Harry mumbled, his voice muffled by the pillow. “I’m too tired to do any of that stuff anyways.”

Satisfied, I closed my eyes and willed myself to fall asleep. After a few minutes I gave up. I was just too hot. I listened to Harry’s breathing. It didn’t sound like he was asleep either. I rolled over and faced him. He was already staring at me. 

“Too hot?” I groaned. He nodded, and sat up. I got out of bed as well and fiddled with the air conditioner. I heard a rustling of fabric, turned around, then kept on turning, a blush forming on my cheeks. Harry had taken off his shirt and was back in bed. He’s so hot. But, annoyingly, he was looking at me, and had seen me blushing. I walked back over to the bed as casually as I could, and lay back down, facing the closet. 

I tried to go to sleep again, but I was still too hot. I threw the blankets off of me, careful not to touch or look at Harry. Nope. Still too hot. Grumbling about the air conditioner I walked over to my closet, grabbed my way-too-small PJ shorts and stomped off to the bathroom. I changed into my shorts and looked at myself in the mirror. If I stood a certain way....no. They still showed too much for my taste. Why had I even brought them? Tomorrow I was buying some new, longer PJ shorts, as well as my own car. 

I walked back into my room and threw my clothes on the floor. I glanced at Harry, he was facing me but his eyes were closed. He had tossed the blankets on the ground, and was stretched out in the bed, showing off his abs. I rolled my eyes. Apparently he was a flirt even in his sleep. 

I slid into bed, turning so my back was facing Harry. I was finally able to go to sleep. I thought I felt Harry move closer to me, so that his chest was touching my back, and gently rest his arm on my waist. But it was probably a dream, and I was just too tired to care. 

“Goodnight, Jenna.” Harry mumbled.

And even though I was completely out, I smiled in my sleep.