Australia

• Dedicated to The Real Life Jenna M <3

“Miss. Miss, we are landing now.” The flight attendant shook me awake. I groggily batted her off and buckled my seatbelt. I rubbed my eyes and adjusted my neck pillow.

I felt the plane tilt downwards, and after a while I could see the runway too. I grinned, remembering how scared Harry had been when had landed all those years ago. Something inside me warmed, it felt good to think about Harry now that I had figured out my obsession with him. He had always represented hope, laughter and love. 

We touched down on the tarmac and after an irritatingly long wait, were allowed to unbuckle our seat belts. The second I was in the terminal I whipped out my phone. I quickly dialed Cecilia after checking the time. She should have landed by now. 

“Hello?” 

“Cecil!”

“Babe! Oh my gosh have you landed?”

I smiled to myself, walking through the terminal. “About eight minutes ago.” 

“How’s Australia?” 

“Cecilia! I’m in the airport! I haven’t even gotten my luggage yet!”

She laughed on the other end. “Ok, ok. I’m driving to my new apartment. You called at a good time actually, I just stopped to refuel.”

“Refuel? Apartment? How long have you been there for?”

“A couple of hours...why?”

“You’ve already gotten a car and an apartment?!”

“Babe. I am just so organized. I bought the car over the phone last week and arranged for it to be left at the airport. I bought the apartment as soon as I knew for certain that I was moving to London.”

I bit my lip. “I’m getting a rental car and staying at hotel for a while until I can find a place to live. I’m lucky that the university is in the city. Brisbane, I think it’s called. Gosh, Cecil. It’s all so much more complicated than I thought.”

“I know.” She murmured. “Babe?”

“Yeah?”

“Who’s going to wake me up in the morning by almost touching my nose?”

I laughed. “Buy an alarm clock. Sorry, but I have to go.” I said, spotting my suitcase. “Call me tomorrow night, kay?”

Cecilia sighed. “If you have to go..... talk to ya tomorrow! Mwah!” 

I quickly pressed ‘end call’ and hurried over to the bag carousel to get my suitcase. As I heaved it off, the bag next to mine caught my eye. It was a One Direction suitcase. I bit my lip. Why couldn’t I have figured out my obsession before they had left? Liam thought that I was in love with Harry, but really I was in love with what he had brought into my life. I wish I hadn’t made Liam promise that they would stay out of my life. I finally feel like I could actually talk to Harry now, we could be friends again. We had been fairly close for a few years, even if it was due to emails. Oh well. That’s life for me. I had my chance and I blew it. 

I mentally slapped myself when I thought back to that night. They must have thought I was retarded! I had been acting like a five year old, blushing my head off. Harry must have thought that I had a crush on him, too! I was just dying to get him to leave, and I barely spoke to him! Not that he wasn’t good looking.....I just wanted to be friends. 

I mean I had a boyfriend. I crinkled my nose. I actually didn’t like Josh that much. I had really only gone out with him to prove to myself that I was over Harry. I didn’t really even know Josh. I hope he didn’t think that I wanted a serious relationship... I sighed. This might be hard. I took out my phone and dialed Josh.