CHAPTER -3

My eyes opened wide as it can, seeing the new world Nat has disclosed before me. The whole me was staying numb for a while. A strong pull from Nat brought me inside the large hall. Not a hall.. It is like a dalliance. Red and golden lights flashing all around brightening my sight. The booming noises of the music aching my ears and fluttering my heart. My eyes roamed all around taking every nuke of the ambience. A lot of people mostly men seated on their table and ruminating upon their drinks.. And oh no.. They are all being indulged by pole dancers and more.. Girls near my age walking with drinks in trays dressed in a peculiar uniform..

I realised myself that I am in an exotic bar.. The Red..!!

Nat pulled me and sat me on a chair and she sat on the opposite. I still startled all around until she asked "So.. What you think..? ".

I rolled my eyes at her and asked "You want me to work in an exotic bar..?..I am out of here."I told her my stand and begin to walk away from there.

"Hey hey wait..". She intercepted my move and said "I know this is quite weird for you."

"This is bullshit.. I..I can't even believe I am in here.. Nat..Lets leave.. ",I concluded my decision.

She tried to console me telling again "Hazel. I understand what is going through your mind.. Red isn't like any other hotty pubs.. It got it's own standards.. And in your situation right now.. This is so apt.. ".

"You want me to wiggle naked like those ladies to earn.. No.. Not yet.. Why do you even think of bringing me in here.?",I told her quite loudly but the music beats only muffled my voice.

Nat said in amusement "No.. You are here as the waitress.. Four hour shift.. You will have double the money you earned in that coffee shop.. This is priceless for you..".

Waitress though.. Working in an exotic bar had never been in my mind. This is beyond my imagination.

"And.. I got another offer for you.. You know Alec Joron..?l., she asked me.

"Who doesn't know him..? ".I asked her wryly.

Nat continued enthusiastic "He was the lead  singer in the Red concert.. And guess what. His career started in here.. And I see another Alec before me.. This is a best way to pursue your dreams.. ".

My dream stinks  . I know it. Where does Alec stands and me the freak..? .I shrugged and said "How can you even compare me with 'the' Alec..??".

"Because it is possible.. ",she hold on my hand that rested on my head and said "Come on...Hazel.. I know what singing means to you.. You need this job.. For your family.. For you.. ".

Her words shook me well.. They always did. And my faded dream begin to lit up.

I sighed and said "Okay.. Let see.. ".

Nat smiled and said "Yes.. That's it.. Now I want you to meet my cousin.. Roxy.. ".

Oh... Now that is necessary.. My new boss or what..

"Natalie... ",I heard a loud call from my back. I turned to see who called my friend in here. Does she already have a redmate or something..?

I startled to found a lady of around thirty of a perfect figure straightened torso tall in addition to her stilletos. Her blond hair splayed in the cool air and shining in the multitude shades of the club lights. Her heart shaped face with an even layer of make up and dark red lipstick. Even she have a uniform. The white shirt untidely buttoned and tucked in and  black shorts stead of the skirt everyone had. She has the longest legs I had ever seen.

I turned back to Nat to know her reaction seeing this woman who appeared as a cameo right out from the Americas next top model. Nat was smiling.. No.. She is with a huge chuckle. She woke up from the chair and walked to the model calling "Hey.. Roxy".

What.... No way... Is this her cousin...? Roxy the boss. I looked at them wondered. I never  expected Nat would have cousins like this.. And working in an.. Exotic bar.

What.. Shut up. You here as well in the same bar seeking a job fool. After all she got the looks.. And where the hell am I. ???

The two souls hugged each other sharing greetings and regards while I was still stuck in my thoughts. After ending their intro talk as it seems they walked back to the table. I squirmed in my chair not knowing what to do.. Should I greet and address her..?? Oh that would be rude..

They both sat on the chairs across me and Nat told introducing me "And...this is Hazel. I asked the offer for her.. ".

Roxy the model scanned me with her popped out eyes and said wrinkling her eyebrows " She is so skinny... Plain.. ". Yeah. I am rejected.. Let's go then.

Nat told quite hesitantly " She will make it up.. This is her first time.. ". What am I supposed to make up.. To be like her. Never.

Roxy took out her cigarettes and pushed one into her mouth and ignited it with a lighter. She took a puff and said "Red doesn't really need a new booty now.. It's all since you insist.. I will keep her for a week and then we will decide.. ".

Woh..so I am just the trainee.

"She will be worth to you... You should hear her sing. ",Nat told flattering me. My poor little friend.. She is helping me too much.

"Singing is for losers... ",Roxy told smirking. That made me quite blue.. But it's true for me. She added "Give her my number.. ".She then looked at me and said "Next evening sharp seven. That's when you start on red.. ".

I nodded my head and said " Yes.Thankyou"

She glared at me one while more longer and  whispered something to Nat before leaving. Soon I asked Nat curiously "What did she tell you..? ".

"Family talk.. Let's go.. ",she told pulling me out of there. Before leaving the doorway I turned once again back to see my new workplace.. Red.. Bless me...