CHAPTER -29

The stink penetrated into my nostrils waking me up from the brief black out. Yeah.. I am back into my abode. The cold floor soothened me from the heat I suffered in the dungeon. I sensed the devil's presence near me .. He is here..

I turned to my right and he is standing there leaned on the wall gazing to my direction ."I didn't left the cell.. Then why did you burn me..?? ", I asked him. He told me that.. Warned me.

"Shut up, fool.. You know it ain't me. ", he said fiercely. Yeah.. I know it. Yet.  I won't miss any chance to blame him. This wouldn't have happened if he didn't locked me in there.

I woke and sit on the floor with a deep sigh asking "Who was it then..? ".

He said still feeling no guilt of what happened because of him "I already dealt with it.. You won't see them again.. ". He killed them..??. Is that it..??.

I stood up and told mocking him "You told I will be safe here.. And your own people tried to kill me.. ".

"They aren't my people.. And yes... You are not safe here..You can't be here any longer."., he told firmly... Whack.. That's a really good revelation.. Finally.. Take me back to home. The only devil haunted me at home was you and none else.

I said very pleasantly "That's a very better idea, Mr. Thorn.. You should have thought of it early.. ".

He sniffed and told "Take your sovereigns..". Of course.. There will be no delay for that. I ran to the night stand and picked up my bag and followed him through the coridoor.

I can sleep very tight once I lay down on my cosy warm bed.. And it won't be stinking as in here. I already felt the comfort of my soft tweed. I won't be confined to four walls anymore.. Moreover I can be with mom and Zach. And this will be the end for all the lies I am telling to mom.

My enthusiastic steps froze as I followed him into his chamber... His chamber..??. Why am I here..!! I looked at him dubiously and asked "Here..? ".

"Yes... ",he said very seriously. But it sounded like an impossible joke for me.

I stammered looking around "But..this.. This is your room..". I don't want to make you any inconvenience.

"You are staying here.. With me...",he said. Did I just heard that right..!! I rewinded his words again. I am staying here with him.. That's bullshit.. Totally bullshit.. His sinister mind is making weird plans.. Don't you dare trick me into your traps, devil.

I scoffed wryly and exclaimed "You.. You gotta be kidding me..? ". His expressions are still inarticulate which means he is not kidding.

"You can't be serious.. ",I commented staying there in disbelief.. "I.. I can't share a room with you.. ",I told him the real reason. It's not about the inconvenience or the stink in this room.. It's awful. "I will just stay in the dungeon itself.. ", even that is quite better than this..

"You heard me, right..?? ", he asked me in his rigid voice. "Stay here.. Or die out there.", he exclaimed and walked out of the room.

Shit.. This is awkward.. Is this even a room. It's a whole miniature of the slaughter house. The demonic sculptures,the dark walls and floor.. And after all this the devil's domain. God I can't last in here. Maybe he will only come seldom since I am accommodated in here. I dropped my bag over the night stand and walked to the small door at a corner.

It opened into a large lavatory. Woh.. Devils bath.. ??. I wondered. There is even a bathtub in here. I faltered to it and rubbed on its surface. Not as dirty as I thought. I filled the tub with water and drained it off to make it clean and repeated it.