CHAPTER -43

I slid into my bed still thinking of that poignant view.. It's never gonna fade away from my mind any near.. I had the most wild chagreen ever felt. His death was something I could have avoided.. The killer was before me just minutes ahead the slaughter and I could have stopped it.. I should have guessed why he was there. What a fool I was to not suspect him then.? How ridiculous of me to believe him..!!.

Eros Thorn is definitely gonna continue his slaughter.. He will resume beheading faultless human, crushing skulls and pulling out spine.. God that scene he did all that in the street evoked a belch in the back of my throat and I jerked up from the bed. That was awkward.. Shredding men into pieces.. Breaking their bones..

Wouldn't they have begged for their lives..!!. Plead to let them go. I saw that man at Brion.. Crying to spare him.., crying for his family.. And that girl in the prison.. I had witnessed more.. That numbing moment where they would have stopped living for a reason they are not to blame.. And the devil call it redemption.. No.. This must stop.. But how..??.

I pulled out the laptop from my bag and browsed on Oakwoods murder.. It's quite a trending news in the media now... Especially since the special forces are involved. I scrolled down through the various hypothesis and discussions until I reached the caption, similar search results..

The next tab opened with a numerous headlines of unresolved cases.. All were gory deaths. Smashed in head, skull crushed, dismembered bodies..That's too irrational way to die.. Not all of them though, there must be a few that the Thorns had something to do with.. What I can possibly do is find those who are  in verge of turning to an Ahora. Find them before the Thorns do.. But how..??.. I don't have the least idea..

It was with a frozen heart I went to Red. Darla was so like me too.. We just exchanged smiles and get ourselves lost in the duty to not remember the poignant past. I strode to the duty room once my first shift ended. Last time I was here, me and Darla were discussing our hair style and make up for the wedding. I sat on the chair, my hands supporting my head.

"Hazel.. ", I heard his soft voice from my back.. God.. Why are you so late..??. I turned around to gaze upon the calm face of Austin.. After too long..

"Hey.. ", I walked to him greeting lightly.

Austin sighed and told "I am sorry.. I was out of the state for a while and I learned it quite late.. ". Good for you.

I nodded and told "The funeral was yesterday.. ". Now that was another drastic part. It was very painful to see Sam in a black dress.. The bride who was in a white wedding gown the day before.

In the end of a brief silence Austin asked "So.. Talk later..? ".

Not again.. I just want to open my stalk of these annoying secrets to someone and he is the perfect one. "No.. We must talk now.." I told him.

I cancelled my second duty and took the whole time to talk with Austin. Elucidating my life so far.. Explaining them incident by incident.. My horrendous childhood, the even more terrible part of my life in Brion. Every minute nuke of it..

He looked at me wryly hearing the whole story like an amazing fantasy and told "I.. I can't believe you went through all these.. And it's.. Hard to conceive.. ". I know.. But you have reasons to believe.. He fought with that devil. He even encountered the Ahoras once .

"Have you talked about this to anybody..? ", he asked me curiously. Not to a soul.

I shrugged and said "No.. I don't know what to do Austin.. I want to stop this but I don't know how to. ".

He said in a very calm voice "Hazel.. I don't want you to get hurt yourselves doing all these.. Just stay away from it.. ". Now he is worried.

I racked my hair back and said "Either the Ahoras or the Thorns are gonna kill me.. And before they do.. I must do something, Austin.. I should.. ".