CHAPTER -48

Austin POV

"Busted.. Useless bitch...Just the waste of sources and another corpse to the pyre..", Angus blurted out the sour words regarding death of the human today. It was unexpected though her time was near.

I sighed gently and told "That's the thirteenth death this week, Angus.. Something we could have prevented if we anticipated it way before.. ". Well.. I still wonder if it was possible.

Angus exclaimed burning the dark candles "Death is imminent to those who deserve it.. And the weak never succeed to become one among us.. ".

He has a point.. "But we have never faced such a drastic defeat in history.. This wasn't the situation any near.. The spells are befouled.. Tainted.. They were suppose to be our strength.. Not weakness.. ", I told him.

Angus breathe in agitation and said "Time changed, prince.. History will never be the same.. ". He took out his dagger and inspected it's sharpness. He is preparing for the rituals.. "You will feast enough today.. ", he muttered kissing his dagger.

At the right time one of the guard walked in with the new captures.. There are nearly twenty of them. All frightened and enervate. "I will leave it to you.. ", I said and walked out of the chamber.

This isn't the real Vadros.. The real Ahoras. History will never be the same.. Angus is right.. But we were meant to follow the history. That's what our forefathers taught. In the begining, when the first devil claimed human lives.., even before the Thorns.. It was us.. The first Ahoras..

We brought their existence in here.. Established the dark powers.. The pure powers were not always the same.. There were different choices..Different ideologies. Either to follow the good one and pretend to be one and claims to be.. And for another, the dark way. And for a better a reason my predecessors chose the latter..

"Austin.. ", I heard the urgent voice of Elaine from my back and I turned around. "Haldred needs you.. ", she said.

Now what with him..??. Ahoras though our roots are different. Two divergent legacies.. What united our clans is still a mystery. I followed Elaine in to his chamber. And there he is expecting me.

"I was wondering.. Why all our toils ends up in such an agony..Where were we wrong..? ", he asked initiating the conversation already. In one way or another the incremating deaths are exasperating everyone.

I walked to sit on the chair and told "Ask me where we are not and I will tell you.. This had been happening since a long and we already talked it out once.. ".

Haldred nodded his head in annoyance and told "Don't you understand.. This isn't about us.. It's upon our foes.. Upon the Thorns who wants to burn us in to the ground.. You know what happened to the thousands of our slaves that we nurtured.. They would have been our brilliant future.. "

Yes.. I remember.. It was chaotic.. Our empire would have been reached the golden peaks because of the same.. And none of the Thorns had done so before.. Not even Adrian.. But he did.. That devil.. Beside the grudge throughout the lineage towards him, I got some reason of my own..

"And I have planned something for them.. With our eloquent bait.. ", Haldred told.

"What with her.. ?", I asked him. How is he relating her capture with the Thorns..

Haldred grinned and told "She is our snare.. An angelic snare to trap that devil.. We will defeat him in our domain.. ".

"And why do you think he will be in Vadros.", I asked him.. As far as I know.. He isn't a dunce.. Or detested to say the brilliant of all dark demons..

He enquired me as it was never his concern "What other choice does he have than to come for her.. For his beloved.. ". What is he talking about..!!.

"He don't love her.. ", I said in immediate to his response. Love..!!. He is forbidden for it.. Why does he even think so..? Rather than the fact that it is impossible for him what I felt was more severe.

Haldred smirked and asked "Why else do you think she survived in Brion..?. He could have slaughtered her like any other Ahoras.. But he didn't.. ".

He must have other reasons.. He is not a moron. "And you don't know why.. ", I said him and walked out of his chamber.

"That was an unnecessary outburst, don't you think..? ",. I forgot Elaine was in the chamber the whole time and now she is following me.

"Unnecessary..? ", I asked her in suspicion. Which part of our talk sounded to her so.

She sighed and replied walking along "Yes.. The human is gonna die today or tomorrow. And the Thorns.. Haldred has his own vicious plans.. ". She gazed at me for a while and walked off.

Why does she even think they are gonna succeed this..??. Thorns won't dare to invade Vadros for a silly human who are they awaiting to kill.

I closed myself in my room and sat on the cot. The talk just made me more curious and anxious.. It's not guilt or chagreen I feel now.. A pungent sting of hatred.. To what I caused and what I am gonna cause further...