Chapter 1

Don't forget to vote and comment!

(If you don't, you'll step on a lego)

Follow me to become a member of #TEAMBLOSSOMS!

I walk through the doors of Glenwood High expecting a normal day. Why wouldn't I be? It's Monday, it's slow, I'm tired and honestly? I could care less about school. Just give me until Wednesday to officially wake up, all right?

It's not that I'm lazy...Okay, yes. I totally am. But I do care about my grades and other important stuff. It's just, at this point in my life, I'm a bit too preoccupied with staying out of the natural radars and making it to my eighteenth birthday.

Oh, I'm "social" enough. I make friends easy and have a positive attitude towards others. But I'm not a sell- out slut and I don't spread my legs out to every asshole I come across. If that's what it takes to be popular, I'll stay on the edges. But it's not just that, and trust me, if it was I'd be glad of it. I have a much bigger purpose behind throwing a shroud over my head in the hallways and avoiding all unfamiliar human contact.

Coasting it out till college just seems like a much better option, when you really think about it. At least it is for someone in my predicament, and I don't think you'll find many people with the same problems as yours truly.

Stay out of the limelight, out of trouble, and out of drama. That's the only way to be safe.

As is so obviously evident, I have my plate full trying to juggle out all the variables being flipped throughout my life, and if you knew me, you'd say that's the understatement of the century.

But you don't know me. And that's the thing right there.

I lean against the wall for a moment, thinking about my pathetic existence and something profound-like the ultimate meaning of life-when a crash snaps me out of my stupor.

Astrix LeBlanc, my best friend since who-knows-when, struggles with her locker combo. She exasperatedly smashes her dial against the locker door, attracting attention to herself.

I sigh and start to pull her away by the shoulders, laughing under my breath.

"Senior year, and you still can't work out that thing?"

She pouts. "The god-damn dial will not spin! It's not my fault it's so...Difficult!"

I sigh. "Here, let me do it."

I effortlessly tap in the little numbers and spin the tiny circle until I hear a click. "It's not that hard you know."

She rolls her eyes at me. "For you maybe. Everything always works out for you."

I shake my head. "You know as well as I do how untrue that is."

Astrix opens up her locker and smiles. "What? Did you have a loose strand of hair when you woke up this morning?"

I sigh. "I didn't wake up this morning because I didn't go to sleep in the first place! I was too busy working on that stupid literary essay."

Astrix nods sympathetically. "Sucks you have to have Mr. Vern for Language Arts."

I pout. "And you get Ms. Wayne. I swear you have the best luck ever."

Astrix grimaces. "Oh trust me. You wouldn't be saying that if you saw my grade in that class."

"I'm sure."

I pull my hair away from my face and haul up my backpack. "Well, here's where we part. See you at lunch later?"