Chapter 25

Don't forget to vote and comment!

(If you don't, you'll step on a lego)

Follow me to become a member of #TEAMBLOSSOMS!

As soon as I get home, I unscrew my last bottle of Fiji water and down myself in the drink. I spread myself out on my bed, the bottle hanging out of my hands, my phone dangling precariously on the couch's arm.

It's blowing up with texts from Astrix, and before I can tap back a reply, there are about a dozen messages in my inbox.

Where are you??

Why didn't you come to lunch??

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME A TACO!

How could you do this to me? You know how much taco's mean to me!

ANSWER YOUR PHONE!

Where did you go?

aahjhgylskaiikylssfvjk

I laugh despite myself and set the Fiji water bottle down on the coffee table.

Astrix, calm down. I went home...I'll explain everything later.

A few seconds later I get a reply.

You'd better! And it should be a good excuse....Depriving me of my taco's and all....

I smile for the first time all day and then promptly bury myself in my pillow. This feels nice. Being in a state of peacefulness. Losing myself in the quiet of my apartment, slowly slipping into some form of a stupor...

I can forget about Jack. I can forget about Paige. Even Astrix...And Noah...

All I need now is a bowl of rocky road ice cream and I can brainwash myself into forgetting the past few weeks ever happened...

Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way. And as the ding resonating from my phone points out....I am no exception to life. 

I pull myself up to a seating position and flip my phone around, fully expecting to see Astrix's name pop up on the screen. To my immense surprise, it's Jack.

I didn't think he'd want to speak to me after our episode at the school parking lot. I would have thought he'd avoid me...Stay away from me...Try to forget me...

But apparently not.

I open up my messages and my eyes quickly scan the screen, reading the text.

You didn't drive over to Noah's, did you? You're up in your apartment. What's really going on?

A gasp catches in my throat and I straighten up, walking over to my small window and pulling back the curtains to look out into the road below. I easily spot Jack's sleek, red car and tug my eyebrows together.

He followed me home?

Why does that make me happy? I should be totally freaked out...

You are insane!

I get that a lot. Now are you going to let me up so we can talk about what's happening?

I press my lips together and tap my fingers on the window sill. I want to let him up, I really do. I want to be near him, smell that minty scent I've grown to associate with Jack, and let him help me.

But then I think of Paige, and Delilah, and Mr. Travels and I remember I need to lead with my head, not my heart.

Being with him has HUGE costs. I could lose everything, and get us both in trouble. At the same time, I think it's best to let him up and have a proper conversation with him. He already knows I came here alone, he was watching me, wasn't he?