Chapter 11

Don't forget to vote and comment!

(If you don't, you'll step on a lego)

Follow me to become a member of #TEAMBLOSSOMS!

I exit the school buildings and walk across the parking lot to get to my car. I'm going home, spending the day under my covers, and drinking Fiji water. I'm not in the mood for much investigation. Not with the Jackass. Especially not with him.

I struggle with the keys to unlock my door, but just as I'm about to slide in, there's a sharp tug on my arm and I slam backwards into another car.

I look up and meet Jack's stern gaze.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I raise an eyebrow. "Going home. Is that a problem?"

Jack shakes his head. "Going to my home, you mean?"

"Is that what I said?"

Jack opens the rider's side of his car, which I realize is parked next to mine, and he shoves me in.

"We're still in this court case. I can't help it if you got pissed off, but you can't pin this by yourself, and neither can I. So swallow your own pride and drive with me."

I roll my eyes and mumble under my breath. "I would if you just didn't make it so...Difficult..."

He starts the ignition and drives forward. "Difficult? If anyone's being difficult here, it's you."

I open my mouth to protest. "Me? You seriously think I'm being difficult?"

He nods. "Uh, yeah? You're the one who gets in a mood over every little thing. I try to help you? You lash out. I give you information? You lash out. I talk to you in the halls? What do you do? Lash out."

I shove his shoulder, even though he's driving, and he yelps, repositioning himself at the steering wheel.

"You know what you did!"

Jack laughs out loud. "This is exactly what I mean! Lashing out."

I glare at him, shoving him again into the driver's side. To hell if doing so validates his point. I no longer care.

He swerves on the road at that moment, making me fall away from him and simultaneously braking the car next to a large house.

He sighs and unbuckles his seat belt. "Can we at least try to get along if we're going to be doing this?"

He looks at me, his eyes an unreadable mass. I unbuckle my own belt and start to open the car. He locks it from his control panel and forces me to face him.

"Well?"

I nod. "Fine. We can get along. Just make more of an effort to be less of a Jackass."

He laughs. "That nickname is starting to grow on me, you know?"

I roll my eyes and try to determine if he's being serious or not. It's impossible to tell when he's staring at me like that...

I rip my gaze away from him and unlock the door myself, stepping out into the road. I point to the huge house we just parked in front of.

"That's your home?"

I can't fathom the thought of living in a mansion so big. Jack shakes his head and spins his car keys around on his index finger.

"No, uh, that's the garage."