Epilogue

Don't forget to vote and comment!

(If you don't, you'll step on a lego)

Follow me to become a member of #TEAMBLOSSOMS!

SIX MONTHS LATER:

I tie the bow behind Astrix's dress and snap the last button into place.

"There," I announce, pleased with my handiwork. "Now, spin around."

I watch Astrix twirl in a full circle before she stops and turns to stare at me, something like gratitude mixed with anxiousness shining in her eyes.

"Thank you," she says sincerely.

"For...Always being there."

I raise an eyebrow at her and instantly recall that memory from not so long ago when both she and Noah single-handedly might as well have saved my life.

"Are you getting teary-eyed on me?" I tilt my head and look at her.

She sheepishly looks at the floor and blinks rapidly, waving her hands nonsensically around her.

"N-No, it's just-"

"Because if you're getting teary-eyed," I step forward and grab her arm.

"I'm going to start getting teary-eyed, and this time around there's no dust to blame it on."

I smile and she laughs, playfully pushing me off of her. "Shut up, I think I deserve to get teary-eyed. Because the last time when we were on this topic, I was sprouting leaks for an entirely different reason."

I nod at her reference to back when she first found out about her mother's engagement to Ted Barista, her new step-father, who actually turned out to be a pretty nice guy.

He is, of course, no Mr. Leblanc, because no one on Earth could ever replace him...But he's a close second. Mrs. LeBlanc-Excuse me- Barista....Chose well.

And now, here we stand, at the long-awaited wedding where the newly christened couple are about to exchange wedding bands.

I was scared Astrix was going to break down and that everything in the hall would remind her of her biological father, but she seems to be holding her end up pretty well. The sight of the massive seven layer vanilla cake seemed to be a huge motivation, and that was probably what helped her through the entire day up to now.

I don't miss the furtive glances Astrix sends to the dining hall, or the low grumble of her stomach. What can I say, the girl has an appetite.

Now, however, her gaze is directed at a boy at the end of the hall. I have to snap my fingers in front of her face to bring her back into reality. She shakes her head and looks at me.

"What?"

I laugh. "Leave the hormone and boy crazy levels to a minimum, okay? This is your mother's wedding. How about we leave the "getting wasted," to when we hit the bar, yeah?"

She smiles. "Will do, but just saying, I have dibs on the cute guy with the British accent."

She nods across the hall to the guy she was goggling at. I'm about to tell her that she can have dibs on whoever she wants, after all I'm already taken, when I see the curtains behind the room dividing this mirrored hall start to flap.

Jack pokes his head in and grins at me, dimples forming at the corners of his mouth.

"You guys ready?"