~Background~

Your parents weren't always the best people. Well...best parents.

When you were a little kid, you were almost always doing science around the house. Your parents never really knew why or how you loved science.

You tried to have them help you on a simple project when you were in 3rd grade, but they always said no. So you gave up trying to get help from people who don't even want to help you and asked one of your friends if he could help you.

He helped you on the project. In fact, he helped you on every project you had so you didn't have to ask your parents.

You started to spend more and more time with him and began to feel these feelings that you never had for any other guy.

One day when you were going to go home, when Maddie came to you at the door to walk you home. When you both were at your door, she asked you a question you never thought you would be asked.

"Hey, your like..always at our house and spending time with Parker." She said. You just nodded wanting the question to get over with. "Do you like, like like, him?" She asked smiling. You just couldn't believe your ears and started to do a nervous laugh you do when you don't want the truth to come out in words.

"You do like like him!!!" She said jumping up and down and punching your arm. You just laughed. "Okay, okay. Just don't tell him. I want to tell him when I'm ready." You said putting your hand on the door knob.

"Oh okay." She snorted. You just laughed and walked into your house. "Mom! Dad! I'm home!" You yelled coming into the kitchen.

You couldn't believe what you were seeing. Your dad was at the dinner table, phone in hand and cigarette in the other. His eyes looked red and puffy like he'd been crying.

"Dad?" you asked placing you backpack on the ground. "Dad what's wrong?"

He dropped his phone and put out his cigarette. He wiped his face and let out a shaky breath. It went from being silent to your dad sobbing uncontrollably. He tried to speak clearly but you could only hear something about your mom, hospital, and... death.

"I'm so sorry." he let out. "She called me, we had an argument and then... then i got the call."

Your heartbeat was rapped and heavy. Your eyes were welling up and you felt as though you couldn't breathe anymore. "No... no. Moms not...dead." you spoke.

"She is... and it's all my fault." he cried.

"No.. no! You're lying!"

"I'm not lying about this." he tried to comfort you, but you jerked away.

"What we're you arguing about?" you asked. He just hung his head down. "Answer me."

"My... problem." he said. "For a while i've been taking some bad things and infecting my body and she... she said i needed to go to rehab."

"Which you do." you said. Tears all over your face.

"No.. No i don't." he tried to justify.

"Yes, you do. You know she was right!"

"Your mother was always wrong! And she was wrong about this too!" he yelled. You gotten used to his yelling over the past years and it didn't phase you. You just scoffed. "What? What is so funny?"

"You think everyone around you is wrong and that no one can help you. Mom was always by your side and made sure you were okay." you cried. "But as soon as she tried to tell you what to do better with a problem you have.. you go and get her killed!" you yelled.

"She called me! ITS NOT MY FAULT!" he said.

"YOU JUST SAID IT WAS! You're such.." you started. You could call him every word in the book and it still wouldn't change anything.

So you ran out the house and to the only place you can go: to the Rooney household.

Did you like this part? Because I actually got a little confused at some parts. But let me know if you got confused too so I can change it upa little bit. Baii!!!

EDIT! i had to edit it so that's why i published it now.

yeah...