Four

It was Rhianne's loud voice that woke me up. I opened my eyes and my friends were staring at me with big smiles plastered on their faces. I blinked some more before rising out of Alisha's bed. They didn't speak, they just continued smiling.

"What?" 

Woah, my throat was dry. I swallowed.

"You and Owen got to know each other? He's asking us if you're taken." Alex winked.

"I told him I was single." I muttered holding my head.

I didn't have a headache but I was really disorientated. I sat on the bed with Alisha and Rhianne choosing to sit next to me as Alex sat on the nearest chair. I observed my friends and realised how much I'd missed us just chilling. 

"I missed you guys." I verbally articulated causing  several 'aaawws' out of them.

"Missed you too Machiavelli. So what you saying? You and Owen yeah? I know you saw his gold tooth and died." Rhianne said knowingly. They all laughed at the expression on my face.

"I really nearly died on the spot guys." I confirmed again  stretching. "Alex please look through the zip of my bag and get me my tooth brush. My breath is a bit stale. Where's my phone?"

They looked at me like I was mad.

"Your phone?" Alisha asked slapping my bum.

"Ouch. Yeah  my phone." I answered grabbing the toothbrush from Alex. I walked into her bathroom. "Can I use your toothpaste?"

"You ask dumb questions and you're cheeky. Your phone? The same phone we've been calling you on for two hours? Tabs is out there waiting for you. He looks like he's ready to war." 

I groaned knowing that he really hated the fact that I did not pay attention to my phone at all. He was definitely going to tell me off for it.  I placed my toothbrush next to Alisha's and rinsed my mouth, walking back into the room.

"I left my phone in the kitchen I think. Or Owen may have it. Not sure. We were drinking."

"He told us you were drinking Henny. I think he's attracted to you." Alex insisted.

I shrugged.

"We barely know each other and I don't want a boyfriend."

I thought about it for a moment.

"Wait. On second thoughts does he drive?" 

After a brief silence we all burst out laughing.

Alisha nodded. I subtly bit my lip to stop me from celebrating.

"I didn't miss that lip bite you tramp! Look at you tryna finesse because of a car."

"It's always nice to know someone who drives."

"Who are you tryna reason with? Anyway, get changed. Its like 9pm you've slept that long! We've come back, shared two bottles of wine between each other, make some punch, argued about colourism and you were still sleeping!" 

"Alisha why do I need to get changed?"

They looked at each other like I was asking too many questions.

"Firstly, your jumper is creased. Secondly, these lot have invited half of uni to this not so mini pre party turn up. Sexy man are coming. I need my dargies to look fire." Alisha winked. We all chuckled. Then I remembered a question I wanted to ask.

"Has Michelle dated or had sex with Tabs? When I met her earlier she seemed a bit off to him."

"Private investigator of life." Alex announced with a Nigerian accent shaking her head.