FIFTEEN

Go read your bible :). You need some real joy girl, too much death in these streets. Jesus loves you!

Logan

"I swear women act like we're the horny ones but they are so freaky. Look at how Princess' eyes lit up at the thought of losing her voice that way." Nero said shaking his head. We all laughed but he was right. I didn't miss the intrigue in Avela's eyes either. She looked INTERESTED. We decided to take a break and went back inside. The girls were in one corner and the guys in other. So far, Bandz and Israel were playing Fifa while the rest of us watched and chatted.

"Tryna get Princess but she's not having it." Deejay sighed.

"Because you're a dog!" Bandz replied not taking his eyes away from the game he was playing.

"I've changed."

"Fam you went celibate a week ago. Man said I've changed." Calvin said shaking his head.

"Not all of us have been with the same person since we were 14." Nero added.

"What you tryna say?" Calvin asked confused. I was too.

"Do you even know what celibate means? Have you ever been celibate?"

"Yeah when I was in prison and after the kids were born."

Laughter ensued. 

"Real talk though you and Jourdane have together for time. How long again?"

"Coming on 12 years." He smiled.

"That's some loyal ass shit." Deejay nodded spudding him. Twelve years was a long time to be with someone and still be in love. So dope! I found myself outside alone when I sensed Landon. I turned around and he was behind me.

"She got you thinking huh?" He asked knowingly.

I nodded. Avela was -- different and I really liked, nah, LOVED every aspect of her crazy personality. 

"I actually don't know how to approach this situation. I'm gonna let it play out."

"Tell her how you feel." He encouraged.

"It's not just about her. It's also about Kelly. She's crazy." I sighed.

Kelly and I met when we were 13. We got together shortly after on some dumb shit. We stayed together and everything was okay until she got pregnant. It was like a switch had been flipped. She just went crazy. She'd check my phone, harass my female friends till eventually she purposefully slept with someone while she was pregnant. I found out and nearly killed him. She had managed to convince the authorities she was okay but I was sure she was still up to her old games. 

"Yo she's bat shit crazy. Remember when she tried to fight mum?"

I groaned.

"How can I forget? That lady stopped speaking to me for months."

"Yeah she did. You know it's mad when grandma has to intervene."

"True." Landon nodded in agreement. "But for real, if you like her, pursue her. Don't let Kelly get in the way. Have you told her about double A?"

I laughed at the family nickname for my children. Ariel and Ariane. Double A.

"I just don't want her to intimidate Avela and nah she doesn't know about them yet. I'm gonna tell her soon though. I've known her for nearly 6 months so it's starting to get out of order."

He nodded and we just continued to speak for a while. I loved my brother and loved the fact that he understood me and I, him. He was truly my best friend.