Six

DRUNK. I was definitely drunk. Must have been drunk. My movements were staggered, my lips were tingling and I kept licking them. I'd lost my glasses somewhere. I was dancing with my friends having the time of my life in standard definition. The lights were off anyway there was nothing to see. My brothers had left with their friends as they had another event to attend. I was assured they may be back later but for that moment I was well and truly gone. Kalief and Owen had emerged out of Owen's room and Kalief had decided to make it his job to watch me the whole night and made no attempt to hide it. Because it was him and he was sexy, and I drunk with my attraction to him soaring, I didn't mind. There was a point where I'd been speaking to Owen about his lips. It was a conversation I was sure I would be reminded of in the morning and may or may not regret. Rhi's bum had been rotating on Prince most of the night and for some reason I thought it was hilarious. He was following her around like a lap dog which was slightly cute. I'd been introduced to more females whose names I'd forgotten as soon as it'd escaped their lips. Living my best life. That was exactly what I was doing. Being with my friends and under the influence was like being at a funfair at night, with flashing lights, with a bag of candy floss in my hand. I was all over it. Whatever it was- that feeling. It was after a while that I decided to get some fresh air. Let me tell you, I STRUGGLED to find the lift and when I eventually did, someone was stood next to me. I turned to see Kalief with a big smile on his face.

"You."

"Why you acting like you didn't see me following you."

I pointed to my eyes, "I didn't, I don't even have any sense of my surroundings right now. Everything is fun and in slow motion."

He started laughing and called the lift.

"Where you going?"

"Fresh air."

He nodded and leaned on the wall staring at me.

"I'm not gassing you, I've never seen a person so beautiful. I have been staring at you all night."

I rolled my eyes.

"There are definitely people more beautiful than me but thank you for the compliment."

"You're so my type. We can get shape-ups together I don't mind." He grinned.

I burst out laughing and didn't stop. My sides were hurting after a point. With my lack of balance I ended up dropping to the floor as the lift doors opened which caused more laughter to erupt out of me. He helped me up and into the lift.

"What kind of back handed compliment?"

"Nah but I'm saying if you love cutting your hair, I don't mind."

"Where are we going?"

"You said you wanted fresh air."

"Oh yeah". I replied, my memory suddenly coming back.

"Do you have a girl?" I asked him after a brief silence.

"No."

"Do you have a girl you are currently having sex with that thinks you're in a relationship with her?"

"Nah."

"Do you have a girl you are currently having sex with that doesn't think you're in a relationship with her but thinks you're hers and that there's a chance for the two of you?"

"Rah, um- no."

"Do you have a girl you are currently having sex with that you've lied to about where the two of you stand?"

"Nah."

"Okay so are you currently having sex with anyone in that room upstairs?"

"Rochelle."