Eight

We sat in the cafe myself, Alisha, Rhi and Alex and ate in silence. I was so hungry and my head wasn't as bad because I took some painkillers and guzzled a small bottle of water before I drifted off to sleep. I was the last to finish eating and they all look irritated as they watched me. I chuckled.

"The day you finish anything before any of us is the day I buy you another Gucci watch."

"One day I'll take you up on that my dargie."

Alex shook her head as I finally cleared my plate.

"So yesterday!" Rhi started.

I knew we all had stories and as Rhi had opened the floor I knew she would start it off.

"Before you lot start I'd like to thank God for Alisha's life. Happy birthday dargie. We love you loads and wish you more life."

"More life." Alex agreed. We raised our mugs and made a toast to her.  After, Rhi had the opportunity to begin her story.

"Omydays guys so basically, I don't know if you lot clocked yeah but the drinks finished and the guys put money together to go get some more. So Prince asked me to go with him. I'm like okaaay. Obviously we talk so I thought nothing of it. So we drive to th-"

"Oh he drives?" I interrupted causing laughter to erupt from all of them .

She picked up a knife and pointed it in my direction. "Interrupt me again and I'll cut you." She threatened.

I nodded and listened as she continued.

"As I was saying... we drive there and back with no issues and when we park up as I'm about to get out of the car he tells me to wait. So I take off the seatbelt and turn to him seeing as he told me to wait. Then he starts talking about you Vellie. He starts asking me questions about you. He's asking me if you're a good girl blah blah blah. So I asked him what the problem was. He said Owen and Kalief are on your nuts, especially Kalief. So I said okay, that's got nothing to do with me. So it gets quiet for a bit and then he blurts out, guyssssss! This was so random. Like the car was so silent and he asks me if he can get to know me. I was so confused. I'm severely tipsy and this guy has moved from my best-friend to can I get to know you and I'm thinking to myself you already know me bro. He musta clocked and my guy comes with a paragraph! Guys I'm not joking he spoke for like five minutes about how much he's liked me from when he saw me but he thought I was taken and he wasn't serious at the time and blah blah blah. He said he decided to tell me because Kalief made a comment about how nice I looked and he got jealous and thought he can't let his boys or other guys move to me. I might say yes and then he's pissed."

We were silent for a few seconds before we collectively screamed causing a few heads to turn to our direction with looks of disdain like we cared.

"Man like Prince! So what did you say?"

"I said yes. He can get to know me. Have you seen him? He's so sexy."

"Yes but is he a nice person? I told them yesterday they were players." I added.

"Woah okay, you need to tell us this story in a few but yeah obviously I'm not gullible guys you know me. Not gonna let a guy no matter how attractive he is take me for a ride. I told him I don't do serial daters. If you wanna get to know me, get to know me without getting to know anyone else and he agreed so yeah, we're going on a date next week."

"My nigga!" Alex said bumping fists with Rhi.

Alisha nudged me because she knew madness was coming out of my mouth so I held the madness in.

"Okay I'm next!" Alex said.

I knew her story was going to be really short and end with sex.

"So you know Abdul? You might not have seen him yesterday Vellie. He's really tall like 6ft 5, he was there yesterday."