Nine

He started laughing and shook his head. In a move I could not have predicted, he walked towards me. Was I nervous? Kind of... but I didn't understand why. I could hear the girls behind me muttering and squealing as they noticed he was walking in our direction. I noticed my middle finger was still up so put it down. He stood right in front of me and folded his arms, a smirk playing on his lips. I rolled my eyes and his face lit up. He was smiling now. We had a stare down until we both burst out laughing. Not that anything was funny.

"You're so annoying." I finally let out.

"You want me to say something you can find offensive so you can cry again. I know your games." 

My mouth opened. His audacity.

"I don't want you to hold me." I whispered very aware that anyone in close range could hear our conversation. He didn't seem to care.

"Sure you don't. You good though?" He asked seriously this time.

I nodded.

"Did you wake up with a headache? You were quite waved last night or should I say early this morning."

"I'm good." I looked at him up and down again. "You don't look tired."

"I'm not." 

"Great." I replied giving him a thumbs up. He chuckled shaking his head.

"What you on Avela?" The way he said my name. Lord help me. The way he looked at me like he was really looking at me. I tried to not let that bother me.

"Right now?" I asked feigning nonchalance.

"Yeah right now." 

By now we had unintentionally moved to the side and out of earshot. It was just me and him and I know that quite possibly, the whole room or at least half the room (girls) were watching our conversation or pretending not to watch it. 

"Nothing, just chilling with the girls." I replied truthfully.

"Alright, we're going to collect food. Go put your jacket on."

Who do you think you are telling me what to do? You're not my mum or dad is what I should I have said to him. But, it appears my brain was stuck on stupid because I replied

"Okay." 

He seemed taken aback but recovered with a nod. 

"Let's go."  I followed because him questioning every step I was taking.

"Um, I'm gonna go with him to get food." I told the girls as I walked past them into the corridor where he was waiting. 

"Um, my jacket is in Alisha's room. I'll go get it." He nodded leaning on the wall watching me. He had not tried to hide that fact in anyway shape or form. Entering Alisha's room I went straight into her bathroom to look at myself in the mirror.

"You don't like him remember?" My reflection did not look like I didn't like him. I groaned and went to grab my coat and change my shoes. I came out and he hadn't left where he was perched. The only difference was that he was on his phone. He seemed to notice me and looked up. He smiled and I rolled my eyes as he opened the door for me to walk out. 

"I'm surprised you didn't argue with me."

"So am I." I told him honestly. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like you had me in a trance there."

He chuckled. 

"I honestly thought you didn't like me after our encounter."

"Stop reading my mind. I just asked myself that in Alisha's room. I'm just as confused as you that we are speaking right now because I think you're full of yourself."