010

❝ cheer up, sunshine ❞

MARCH 17 2018:KANG SEULGI

MARCH 17 2018:
KANG SEULGI

Seulgi smiled to herself as she closed the door, pressing her back against it. She clutched on her chest and squealed as she remembered what she and Jimin did just now.

"That's it. You like him, there's no doubt." She smiled sadly.

She was so proud of attempting to flirt to Jimin, seeing him so flustered made her all soft on the inside; the best part being that she made him all bothered like that. Still smiling, she waltzed through the hallways.

Her heart completely dropped to her stomach when she saw her father, passed out on the dining table. It broke her heart to see her family suffering.

She went closer to see he was doing taxes, they had so much bills, they can't even pay them. They were so heavily indebted, she was afraid they might close up the restaurant. It wasn't as successful as it used to be, and she guessed it would be better if her and her dad would just find a part-time job instead of funding their almost-bankrupt shop. If it's going to make their lives better, she'll stop going to school again and continue to work. Less bills to take care of.

She went to the kitchen and opened all the cupboards one-by-one, looking for her dad's stash of alcohol. She opened the last one at the corner, to see a bunch of them. She covered her mouth in shock and sadness, it didn't seem like these were recent; they'd been here for a long time, almost all of them are empty.

She took a big plastic bag and gathered the bottles inside and threw it in the dumpster outside of their house. She went inside again to look at him.

She sighed, she could cry just looking at him like this, hiding his pain and problems for the sake of his family.

"Why would you do this to yourself, dad? Don't deal with problems all by yourself." She sobbed quietly and hiccuped from all the tears. She calmed herself down and wiped her tears, tring hard to not look like she was just crying.

"Dad. . ." She tried to wake him up, "Dad, please wake up."

"W—who's there?" Her father started to wake up, he looked up to see his heartbroken daughter. He immediately stood up and started to pile up the bills on the table so Seulgi couldn't see it, even though she already did. "S—seulgi, you're home. Do you want something to eat? I can heat up somethi—"

"Why?"

"What?" He stood confused.

"Why would you hide your problems? I could help you, dad! Just ask me! Please!" Seulgi shouted, all her emotions built up until she had to burst. "You don't have to send me to college, I can help you pay the bills!"

He stood there, taking it all. He knew he shouldn't have hid all their problems from them. No matter how hard you cover it up, it'll still be there.

"We could help mom together. She's still at the hospital, right?" Her nose clogging up and her face filled with tears, she doesn't even have the energy to wipe them. "Answer me, da—"

"YES! She's still in a coma, are you happy now?" He slammed his hand on the wooden table, eyes filled with tears also.

Seulgi pursed her lips and left.

"S—seulgi, no. Wait!"

She slammed the door and ran outside, she didn't know where she wanted to be, all she knew was she did not want to be in that house.

'I need to find Jimin.'

Jimin danced happily around the empty streets, thinking about Seulgi. Nowadays, Seulgi was ever he thought about. There was no doubt that he had a crush on her, but he can't stop denying his feelings.

Jimin was kinda scared; scared what the future would become. He's afraid of falling in love again. Falling in love then get broken into tiny little pieces. She really broke him. After all the emotional trauma she gave Jimin, he still forgave her for some reason. Maybe he still loves her.

He sighed.

He continued walking, looking at his surroundings. He sometimes wondered what would it be like to still be with her. He knew he shouldn't, he still did, though. Nothing can stop his thoughts late at night, when he can't sleep and is forced to relive his memories, nothing except Seulgi.

He saw a 7/11 down the street and decided to stop by for a drink. He went inside only to be greeted by an almost-dead stare. It was the employee, and he was definitely sleep deprived.

Avoiding his stares, he quickly walked down the snack aisle down to where the cold drinks were. "Nice, they have chocolate milk." Jimin said, mostly to himself, and grabbed the small carton of milk from the refrigerator.

He paid for it, incredibly uncomfortable from the employee's silence. Jimin couldn't help but pity the poor boy.

Going out of the store, he poked the tiny straw through the carton. There was an awfully creepy figure walking in the distance, it was dark, after all.

Jimin got the instinct to come back inside the 7/11 out of fear but decided not to, for some reason. The person could have been a murderer for all he knew, or just a person taking a walk late at night. He didn't know which will it be, but he's willing to take the risk.

'Oh well, 'guess I'm dying tonight.'

As the figure got closer, he could recognize it being a female and could also hear her sobs. Furrowing his eyebrows, he waited until she got close enough.

He gasped, once he knew who it was. "SEULGI?" He shouted out.

She stopped walking and looked up to see who called her name. "Jimin. . .?" She squinted her eyes to see the person's face clearer, "JIMIN!" She grinned just from seeing his face, sadness leaving her body.

She didn't know what happened but she immediately started running to him. She jumped onto him, engulfing him in a big emotional hug, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms on his neck. Jimin carried her by her legs making him drop his chocolate milk. Jimin was speechless; he wasn't expecting that at all.

"Let me stay at your house." Seulgi nuzzled her face on Jimin's neck further, looking for any kind of affection and comfort, "Please," she whimpered.

not proofread at the all !! so, sorry if theres mistakes hh
kind of a sad chapter today but atleast we have some seulmin moments :')

WE'RE ALMOST AT 500 READS !!!
the votes really brighten up my day and motivate me to write often.
I know all those people that vote for the chapters and add my book
to their reading lists: i love and appreciate you guys!!
Thank you for reading my book!
please vote and comment !